• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Copper head Guy

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am thinking of creating a copper head guy character to sell on HiveWire or Renderosity or both?
I have photoshop and zbrush. I guess I can subscribe to 3D.sk to get photo references. Can I use the hobby plan and still sell the textures? Or do I need the other plan?

Or is there a cheaper way to get 2D photo references?

Is it better to start with Poser and convert to DS or the other way around? I want to also create an outfit and hair and etc for the character do not just textures and morphs.

Talking about morphs, how do I distribute the custom morphs?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You can't sell the 3d.sk textures on the hobby plan. But why would you want to when you really only need to use them as references. I use the colour picker in ZBrush or Photoshop to get an idea of skin tones from the references, then make my own textures. I would say to get the cheapest plan and download as many images as you can and you will have more reference images that you can handle.

Last edited: