• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hornet3d

Wise
I have to admit I am not normally a horse type person but the Hivewire horse opened up so many possibilities that it was a must have, as was the western tack. There are is so much to the horse and the tack it could be difficult to use but it is the opposite and they have both been made very flexible and easy to use. The downside for me is that, with my spec PC, it tends to make Poser run a little slow. This in itself it not an issue but I wondered about the impact this might have if I took a clothed figure, the horse and the tack into Vue.

So this is my attempt, nothing special as I was just trying to prove the concept. It worked smoothly in Vue and clearly this is another avenue I need to explore with the Hivewire family.

Horse and Rider Vue Test j.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OUTSTANDING, Hornet! (aside from the horse not quite on the ground, but assuming it was just a test... ) you make me want to get back into vue... MORE! :)

Hornet3d

Wise
OUTSTANDING, Hornet! (aside from the horse not quite on the ground, but assuming it was just a test... ) you make me want to get back into vue... MORE! :)

Yea, I noticed the hovering horse when the render was finished, a rookie mistake but the render was about 4 hours and so I did not repeat it. It was never a work in progress in the sense I was never going to take the scene to a final render. The issue I have is that I tend to use Vue for most of my renders of outdoor scenes and there are few scenarios I can imagine for a horse indoors. This combination of figure, clothing, horse and tack slows Poser down and the preview in jerky. That I can live with or make changes to the settings to negate the problem. I may be just my installation but Vue can be less forgiving with large Posers imports with imports sometimes not completing or the program just crashing, mind you it can do that event with Vue content if the scene is complex.

I wanted to test to see if Vue could cope and it did, I can lower the render time a fair amount by changes some of the render setting and also rendering across the network. On the whole I was pleased with the result, if still a little annoyed with myself for missing the obvious error. Big plus though is I am encouraged enough to continue to create a steed to match my characters knowing that I can render them in the big wide world.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ROFL!!! oh wait, did you mean to be funny? *looking at the GUY going for the gal's... um... * Sorry, it is a GREAT render, came out soooo well! That has to be Howie's scene, right? I had bought ALL of his for Carrara, but getting around in that software is NOT as easy as Vue was.... ANOTHER reason I'd go back to Vue (and have to re-buy all of Howies again! :/

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Plus a cat and his friend, I have a feeling that the scene would kill my system if I tried to render it. Really nice scene.
And an apple ... not forgetting the stables :)

ROFL!!! oh wait, did you mean to be funny? *looking at the GUY going for the gal's... um... * Sorry, it is a GREAT render, came out soooo well! That has to be Howie's scene, right? I had bought ALL of his for Carrara, but getting around in that software is NOT as easy as Vue was.... ANOTHER reason I'd go back to Vue (and have to re-buy all of Howies again! :/
No, meant to be serious ... ;) That's Predatron's stables again, with an alternate texture set applied. But I agree Carrara is ... not that easy to get to grips with. It took me months to work out how to move the ruddy camera!!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OHHH he's (assume he is a he, one never really knows... LOL!) is a good modeler... I'll keep his scenes in mind too!

It looks like Vue really does FINE with trans maps.... which Vue version are you using and is it MAC or PC? oh.... sorry, I should be asking in the vue forum...

oh and sorry I laughed... :/

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Um, it's Daz Studio, on a Win 7 PC - I think you're getting confused with Hornet3D's images :) I do have Vue but rarely use it, I really should do more with it!

And I'm glad you laughed! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh, gosh, I AM confused... and that's a GREAT DS render, wow! When DS is used by talented folks, it sure can work WELL! :)