• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We can call it whatever we want in the thread, but I wonder if copyright will be an issue with the released product? Might have to be something more generic. :(

Yes exactly. Like Harry, his real name is HiveWire 3D Horse. I would imagine this will be "HiveWire 3D Gorilla for Dusk". But internally the name Kong or whatever is just great.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
To be able to wear Dusk's (or Dawns) clothing would be great, I could see some Planet of the Apes inspired artwork from us, ahhhh, older generation “Damn them, damn them all to hell!” :p

Yessss,...my thoughts exactly

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Are gorilla feet larger and/or fatter? I haven't looked in google yet... I know the other day I felt Dusk's feet are so small! (and yes, I know there is a morph, Chris, no worries!) I just never noticed until I put the GQ shoes on...so then I dialed them to be more...um...er... masculine... grin!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Are gorilla feet larger and/or fatter? I haven't looked in google yet... I know the other day I felt Dusk's feet are so small! (and yes, I know there is a morph, Chris, no worries!) I just never noticed until I put the GQ shoes on...so then I dialed them to be more...um...er... masculine... grin!

You're funny! Good stuff.

But I will look into the Gorilla foot concerns. Probably tomorrow night now, as I'm back on Kitty's teeth and mouth parts.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just a quick look... this page has all sorts of interesting photos and facts:
https://seaworld.org/animal-info/animal-infobooks/gorilla/physical-characteristics

also, I stumbled on a BABY gorilla...oh my gosh HOW CUTE ARE THEY!?? Dare we hope (eventually) for a Moma (could be just a breast morph?) and best of all the very young BABY with it's cute head?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8f/b7/b4/8fb7b4ff733ec23f90a0815e210271ec.jpg

I also didn't realize how LONG the arm and leg hair CAN be on a silverback... hmmm.... I imagine that would have to be done with post work....

Hornet3d

Wise
Wow, this is looking good. My imagination is already running overtime on how Kong can be used in my renders and story lines, the fact is is a Dusk morph only adds to that potential.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lyne that is a cute baby for sure.

We could add in some Dawn morph to this Gorilla for the female for sure. Will try a baby too.

Worked on a hostile expression tonight. Got in a good start anyway.

GorillaWork39.JPG
GorillaWork40.JPG

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
YEEEEK!! WOW!! FOR BOTH!! Love the expression, Chris!!!!!!!! ooo oooo I got something REALLY important to say in the big cat thread too... *runs over*