• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

The Hackamores are now figures, with reins rigged as described before.
The reins point at the guides on the collars so when poses change they
can quickly and easily be corrected by adjusting the 'Stretch' parameter.
Manes and Collar Ornaments are not visible so the tack is easy to see.
Traces do not stretch so the Doubletree and Singletrees rotate to compensate for the attitude of the team.
One horse could lead or lag.
They could run closer or further apart.
Necks can push forward, raise or move side to side.
The whole assemblage can make turns.
The hand reins will function in concert.
In the spirit of 'Rural Heritage'
Carravan 023.jpg
Carravan 024.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Great work with the reins, hackamore, and the general rig which I suspect isn't that easy to get right. I know it took quite a while for the Hivewire Horse tack to be completed.

I can't tell from the picture but the reins also extend to the driver?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Well at least it suggests I was partially successful in hiding the V4 origins. Eibhleann was soon to become Caoimhe as I tried to replicate her with a Dawn base. I love how Caoimhe turned out but I was a little sad when I went back a replaced Eibhleann with Caoimhe but I still keep both versions of the renders.
We've spoken before about our characters. I suspect that most of us have a "Go to" character that dominates our renders. Normally not the name given to any morph package as we all tend, well at least I do, tweak the parameters to our own individual liking. In this case, Eibhleann resembles Caoimhe so much I couldn't tell them apart! Transition of the same character to different figures takes some doing. I'm impressed!

Hornet3d

Wise
We've spoken before about our characters. I suspect that most of us have a "Go to" character that dominates our renders. Normally not the name given to any morph package as we all tend, well at least I do, tweak the parameters to our own individual liking. In this case, Eibhleann resembles Caoimhe so much I couldn't tell them apart! Transition of the same character to different figures takes some doing. I'm impressed!

I wasn't aware they were so similar but then I have worked with the characters for a long time now. Certainly, while it was not my aim to produce a Eibhleann look alike, the goal was to create a mature looking character in the same mould. Many of the difference were subtle and came about from my inability to use V4 materials on Dawn.

Comparrison HW.jpg

The skin maps were different products although both have been blended in PSP, and I did not know how to convert eye materials between V4 and Dawn. The end result is the Caoimhe has more pronounced lines around the eyes and a different lip shape, particularly the upper lip. Eyes look similar, other than the colour change because, while I used a different image map for the iris the other parts of the eye were adjusted to match the one I use in V4 as this gives me real reflections in the eye, something I think is important if you render portraits. What Dawn does not have is the tear material that V4 has but then I often used to switch that off anyway.

Caoimhe's face is longer, I think, with the jaw more rounded. They do however have similar eyebrows, at least as regards the shape, and they both have freckles.

Body wise they are both very similar being both short and petite but for the first year or two the outfits used were the same so any differences would not be very obvious. They did occasionally appear together though.

Sisters Hw.jpg

Clearly there differences are not major and I am more aware of them than anyone, of course, but I guess they could easily be sisters.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
SpiderGirl.jpg

I did say this was a work in progress right? Well, now it's a fully rigged costume instead of a 2nd skin, and this is Miki 4 instead of Sydney. More to follow.
Yes, the whole costume is conforming. I am still playing with it to see where I need adjustment. So far, I am not too displeased with it. I may redo the mask to cover more of the back of her head, because when I add the hair I make the top of it invisible and pretty much just use the pony tail. But the back of her head is bald...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I like the colors in the first render, as they look richer. The second render's colors look a little washed out, but that could be from the lighting used.

That said, how does she breath in that mask without nose or mouth openings????

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It's a trade secret!

I think I overdid the lighting a bit. I'll work on it some more later. It's almost midnight and I need to get to bed. I was excited because it's almost Monday here and Poser 11.1 is coming out on Monday. Then I realized that might be Monday stateside and got bummed out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Not necessary Rokket, as you're ahead of us, so you see Monday before we do. Just wait until later in the day, as your Monday morning will be Sunday night here.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Models have improved. No doubt about it. Yet some remain timeless. The models used here are timeless and perfect. It's the perfect setting for christmas eve. The lighting is especially impressive. It's not too dark and seems to be lit by the warm light sources at hand.

Ahem. Where is the eggnog? :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah. The Study is one of the scenes that I've used most often for my scenes. Of course the fact that it has three additional texture sets helps. (Even though they are all low-res by today's standards.) I've also chopped it up and used the pieces to build other sets, as well.

That's a lovely one, though.