• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Just to keep it in the spirit of the HW Horse render thread!
Snow Day
Snow Day.jpg

Products Used: HiveWire Horse, CWRW's Bay Roan coat texture, BG image created by me with photos and 3D renders, Snowflake scatter from Winterscapes (coming soon)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Ken made a set of wings for Harry. But the griffin is for the big cat. ^.^

The problem with making a single mesh character for every conceivable monster out there, is that you have to redo a ton of work for each figure (expression morphs, shape morphs, etc.) and you wouldn't be able to mix and match them. They would be what they are and full stop, getting adequate support for all of them would be impossible. Ex. Cindy doesn't have nearly as much content available for her as any of the human figures, because she is a niche product. Using an established human figure as a base gives you SO much more versatility. Satyrs would be a project you could easily make as a morph on a single mesh on a modern figure, but centaurs can't be done as a single-mesh as an addon product. It would have to be an original figure, and that figure would never get the kind of support you would have if that centaur were an addon to a human figure.

I have a number of the images you've posted sitting in my to-do folder. ;-)
Yeah knowing me I am sure that folder gets heavier and heavier with each thread started or extended. Like I say, I throw it ou there and pray something ferments in some other creative's mind enough to make it to Prime Time!
Of course I know you are 100% right in this (creating free standing figures unable to get support and this not being financially feasible to create) but I wind up doing a lot of thinking out loud in frustration. I just keep throwing my wish list out there hoping the idea sticks and wind up getting e-SPANKED each time. You are right about Cindy though in all honesty Ali has created numerous extra morphs of her for mem(as well as some of his other figures)--- and it seems EXCLUSIVELY (since I have not seen him add any of them to the original figure in the store which I just can't figure out!?) it is too bad there has been no other support for her. I have repeatedly begged him to create a really nice muscled out morphed male to counter her and though he mentioned years ago he was planning to it has never materialized. But like your stuff i promote the hell out of it when someone asks what figure it is.
I use it A LOT and have really filled her out in my renders with accessories and hair etc., to where she looks so much more useable than the stuff he uses to promote her. So much good work is lost for lack of good marketing. SAD!
THERE IS no marketing for any of his work except his hair at RENDEROSITY which everyone seems to love. he gets more promotion for his new free beta figure on the JAPANESE SITES THAN some of his fantasy figures. Go figure.
It is too bad stuff like this does not catch on especially for sots like me unable to create our own content who rely on others to get'er done for us. :(

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Yeah knowing me I am sure that folder gets heavier and heavier with each thread started or extended. Like I say, I throw it ou there and pray something ferments in some other creative's mind enough to make it to Prime Time!
Of course I know you are 100% right in this (creating free standing figures unable to get support and this not being financially feasible to create) but I wind up doing a lot of thinking out loud in frustration. I just keep throwing my wish list out there hoping the idea sticks and wind up getting e-SPANKED each time. You are right about Cindy though in all honesty Ali has created numerous extra morphs of her for mem(as well as some of his other figures)--- and it seems EXCLUSIVELY (since I have not seen him add any of them to the original figure in the store which I just can't figure out!?) it is too bad there has been no other support for her. I have repeatedly begged him to create a really nice muscled out morphed male to counter her and though he mentioned years ago he was planning to it has never materialized. But like your stuff i promote the hell out of it when someone asks what figure it is.
I use it A LOT and have really filled her out in my renders with accessories and hair etc., to where she looks so much more useable than the stuff he uses to promote her. So much good work is lost for lack of good marketing. SAD!
THERE IS no marketing for any of his work except his hair at RENDEROSITY which everyone seems to love. he gets more promotion for his new free beta figure on the JAPANESE SITES THAN some of his fantasy figures. Go figure.
It is too bad stuff like this does not catch on especially for sots like me unable to create our own content who rely on others to get'er done for us. :(

I understand! No spanking intended. ;-) I just wanted to explain why for the most part you're going to see fantasy creatures created as addons, and why that should be regarded as a good thing!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Beautiful images @luannemarie I think I like the first one the best, but the BGs on the other two go very well with the dark brown/gold tones of the models. They are all three very nicely composed.

How about something of a more fantasy type horse! That could possibly be headed your way! This is not mine but created by FreyrStrongart and uses Harry as the base with geografted tail, fins, gills, and mane. I took him for a prelim spin and he's way cool!! Done with Fabiana's Theory of Zen lights.

Seahorse Harry

Products Used: Seahorse for the HiveWire Horse, Ron Deviney's wave and powder brushes, solar flare star brushes created in PS, cloud brushes by Obsidian Dawn, Fabiana's Theory of Zen Lights
OOh! I wants it, the Precious!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I understand! No spanking intended. ;-) I just wanted to explain why for the most part you're going to see fantasy creatures created as addons, and why that should be regarded as a good thing!
Darlin...if EVER there was a moment I didn't agree I would not have gotten almost every Gen4 Anthro Moph set you've created. ;))
Speaking to MYSELF out loud here I just would PREFER my figures like GOD created all living things.....one of each and one at a time to do a specialized job all by there self! You all create you all are kinda GODdess! Sure more than I can do. LOLOL

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
glad you like it all. I do think I need to work on the mat of the second tail a bit more. It's a bit bland compared to the last image. But the geoshell to blend any horsemat with the fishelement works very nicely. It will work with any mat you put on the horse, that's the nice thing. You might even be able to blend two different fishmats that way. Infinite variety... :p. ( with a bit of fiddling ;) )

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nicely done FreyrStrongart, and welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
These are gorgeous! (I prefer real horse legs on the front tho, myself) .... but I LOVE the colors!!!!!!!!!!! (and the tail of course) assuming you are modeling this for our Harry HW horse. (and POSER version I hope!)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Well, it's entirely up to you which elements you are using. But yes. This is for the Hivewire horse. Unfortunately a poser version will be a problem. This is a geograft, and also uses geoshells, both techniques that require DAZ. There might be a work around for poser but I do not use poser and cannot try out how to do it. So for the time being it will be restricted to DAZ. There will be two versions of the tail, one with, one without flippers. Also the mats really rely on the iray technology with metallic flakes and top coat and I have no idea how that would tranlate into Poser.