• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Created an updated Roar morph. Perhaps it's a big growl, but I think Roar could work for the name.

Leopard376.JPG

Leopard377.JPG

Leopard378.JPG

Leopard380.JPG

Leopard381.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I think Roar would be perfect for the name of the morph. When I think of a growl, I think of the lips moving back to show teeth, but not opening the mouth wide as you have it here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My favorite white big cat is the Snow Leopard, but the White Tiger's a close second favorite. ;)

The first time I saw a photo of a Snow Leopard I was amazed, and I read somewhere the reason for the difference in the color of their coats was owing to their natural habitats. IOW, Snow Leopards and White Tigers are more likely to live up in cool mountain areas, rather than down in hot desert areas. Nature being what it is, they adapted to their surroundings.

Zaarin

Brilliant
My favorite white big cat is the Snow Leopard, but the White Tiger's a close second favorite. ;)

The first time I saw a photo of a Snow Leopard I was amazed, and I read somewhere the reason for the difference in the color of their coats was owing to their natural habitats. IOW, Snow Leopards and White Tigers are more likely to live up in cool mountain areas, rather than down in hot desert areas. Nature being what it is, they adapted to their surroundings.
True of snow leopards, but not white tigers. White tigers and white lions both exhibit a mutation called leucism, which is sort of like "partial albinism" (hence the stripes still being black, etc.). Leucism in tigers and lions is associated with other genetic defects, unfortunately, which is another reason the condition is rare in the wild--most white tigers and white lions in captivity were deliberately bred for it, much like cat and dog breeds.

Harimau

Eager
True of snow leopards, but not white tigers. White tigers and white lions both exhibit a mutation called leucism, which is sort of like "partial albinism" (hence the stripes still being black, etc.). Leucism in tigers and lions is associated with other genetic defects, unfortunately, which is another reason the condition is rare in the wild--most white tigers and white lions in captivity were deliberately bred for it, much like cat and dog breeds.
White tigers are Bengal tigers with a rare recessive gene in its homozygous manifestation. Heterozygous individuals are normally coloured. A pair of heterozygous tigers with the gene will only produce one white cub out of every four offsprings. If mated with normal tigers, none of the offsprings will be white. It's only when two white tigers mate that the mating will produce white cubs. So in the wild it is extremely rare for a rare recessive gene to manifest itself. Even so a white tiger is much easier to spot by its prey or by hunters and is less likely to live long. Genetic defects are mainly due to inbreeding, not to the gene itself. All existing white tiger are inbred, hence prone to genetic defects.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Ahem. Is this thing on?

Apparently some people around here remember me from DAZ. Despite this, I have been welcomed with open arms. With that kind of attitude in the back of my mind, Laurie's Poser Dynamic Hair version of the lion hit me like a lightning bolt. It reminded me of a project I'd last worked on in 2008 which I was calling "TrueHair" (though mostly to myself). Because it seemed to me that there ought to be easier ways of working with the Poser Dynamic Hair. The Hair Room is intimidating. I know it intimidates the heck out of me - I'm OK with all the numeric dials, but "styling" hair? Yikes!

So, anyway, I digress. As is my want. HiveWire have been kind enough to provide me with a WIP of the lion to play with, and I've abused Laurie's work by simplifying the materials for my own ends (mostly to make developing what I am doing easier). So this WIP image is less cool than Laurie has already shown because I have dumbed it down. Still - it's here as a reference for the posts to come.

0HWLion.jpg