• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, the modeling is straightforward enough. Or looks it from this angle. But that was a serious lot of texture/shader work to get it all together.
Kudos.

Stezza

Dances with Bees

Something I done for the Carrara Challenge #36 over there.............. a ways...........

How to Catch a Fireman
Rendered in Carrara postwork in PSE2018

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you all for the kind words on my last piece. I am sorry I do not get to post or comment more, I am trying to clear out a number of personal and hired projects.
I am trying to get something Halloween-y finished before it's too late.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe had cleared the wall with very little effort and she found herself wandering almost aimlessly through a cemetery that looked to have been abandoned some years earlier yet, in places the tomes were lit buy curious lights from a bygone age. Clearly those that had been buried here were important when they had walked the earth now each remained quiet and seemingly forgotten in their own little cell. Despite her apparent random nature of the stroll she was moving closer to the very center where she found an immense structure, and that was not all.

Absolution HW.jpg

The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power,
And all that beauty, all that wealth e'er gave,
Awaits alike th' inevitable hour.
The paths of glory lead but to the grave.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it turned out that what I posted last week *wasn't* the midterm. That was just supposed to be the final version of the *modeling*. The midterm entails painting and rendering and building a composite.

Of course, on Saturday he finally showed us how to adjust the scale of a *part* of the model independently, so he no longer has stubby arms. But of course I had to pretty much rebuild about a third of the whole project.

But, well, hey, I've no objection to building composites in Photoshop. So this is what will be finally turned in, *this* Saturday. I do feel rather better about it. But I certainly wish that I'd had the information and could have scaled the arms *before* building the armor.
Hulk-resized.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, it turned out that what I posted last week *wasn't* the midterm. That was just supposed to be the final version of the *modeling*. The midterm entails painting and rendering and building a composite.

Of course, on Saturday he finally showed us how to adjust the scale of a *part* of the model independently, so he no longer has stubby arms. But of course I had to pretty much rebuild about a third of the whole project.

But, well, hey, I've no objection to building composites in Photoshop. So this is what will be finally turned in, *this* Saturday. I do feel rather better about it. But I certainly wish that I'd had the information and could have scaled the arms *before* building the armor. View attachment 31613

Well the path may have been torturous but you can be really proud of the outcome, it looks great.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tortuous is right. But, yeah, I'm a lot more satisfied with this one than the three views version that was posted last week. Certainly okay for two months with the program. Although doing the final version in Photoshop, does constitute giving me an edge.
Our final project will be building a "game rig" whatever the hell that is, precisely. I've no idea what use that is going to be for my own purposes. But it won't hurt me to learn it.

Hornet3d

Wise
The last thing Caoimhe could remember was stepping into the tomb and being bathed in an eerie green light. Despite the coolness of the night she felt pleasantly warm and felt herself slipping into a strange tranquil sleep. How long ago was that? Minutes, hours days maybe even years and was what she was seeing now a vision or was she in a completely different reality?

TransisionHW.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees

But, well, hey, I've no objection to building composites in Photoshop. So this is what will be finally turned in, *this* Saturday. I do feel rather better about it. But I certainly wish that I'd had the information and could have scaled the arms *before* building the armor. View attachment 31613

great work.. love the expression... as if he's done something that he shouldn't have :whistling: :)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Tortuous is right. But, yeah, I'm a lot more satisfied with this one than the three views version that was posted last week. Certainly okay for two months with the program. Although doing the final version in Photoshop, does constitute giving me an edge.
Our final project will be building a "game rig" whatever the hell that is, precisely. I've no idea what use that is going to be for my own purposes. But it won't hurt me to learn it.
It s a terrific first project! I love the emotion you have captured, you do not see that in game art very often-- well-- I don't
Are you taking an online Z brush class? Would you recommend it? I really want to take one but have no idea how to choose one...