• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Kong! I mean... KONG!! I like it!

Check out this movie trailer for the new Legend of Tarzan due out this summer! Looks so good, and promising.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj7ty6sViiU

So when you watch it, go to the last scene with the Gorilla going head on against Tarzan. Love the muscular ape. This is what I'm going for with this Kong! Unlike other Gorilla's that are currently on the market, I want this one to have some muscular shaping underneath all that fur. Rather than just a generalized sausage looking bulk. I hope that makes sense.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I really do like him. A lot. And I like the fact that you're doing him as a morph for Dusk... this means he can use Dusk's clothing and skins, if I'm understanding correctly...

Will we have partial morph dials to work with? Ie, would we be able to dial in, say, a 0.500 value on the gorilla in Dusk's head, and maybe just a .0200 on the hands or body if we wanted to? Or is it just going to be a single morph that will affect the entire figure at once?

I'm just curious. I love him so far. ;)

I'll talk to Paul and also bring it up in our team skype meeting next Tuesday and decide what we want to do with it. I know folks like to customize these types of shapes and want as much options and variety as possible. So we'll see.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
To be able to wear Dusk's (or Dawns) clothing would be great, I could see some Planet of the Apes inspired artwork from us, ahhhh, older generation “Damn them, damn them all to hell!” :p

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow this is starting to look really great...Yep Rae planet of the apes renders sounds great too...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More work on the face and nose today. I know it's Saturday, but I'm digging this stuff.

GorillaWork23.JPG
GorillaWork24.JPG
GorillaWork25.JPG

GorillaWork26.JPG

GorillaWork27.JPG

GorillaWork28.JPG

GorillaWork29.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha I can't wait until he gets the bandy legs like the illustration behind him :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll talk to Paul and also bring it up in our team skype meeting next Tuesday and decide what we want to do with it. I know folks like to customize these types of shapes and want as much options and variety as possible. So we'll see.

Thanks, Chris! I think even if we had an option to do head and body apart from each other it would be good, yes. I know I'll be happy to have it no matter how you manage to work it, but it would be an invaluable tool to have on hand if I were able to dial in at least the head and body to different values if I wanted to.

I love the comparison shots! They do a great job of showing just how much work has already gone into the morph. Such a difference between the two! I really am loving the way this is developing. :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We're digging it too Chris!

Wow, he's a shortie, isn't he. But what a massive head.

I am going to love mixing Dusk and his other morphs with the gorilla!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks great Chris...add me to those who would like to see some partial morphs. Just looking at the comparison shots it would require realigning the rigging as it is like you said an extreme morph...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
When I opened this thread I thought I was looking at myself in the mirror...Certainly feel like that sometimes in the morning! Awesome monkey, Chris!!!!

Ha, that's funny.

Thanks for your comments.

And others here as well. It spurs me on to keep it moving.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
1963-1967...we must have watched him in his last two season cos we never had a tv till 1966.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
We can call it whatever we want in the thread, but I wonder if copyright will be an issue with the released product? Might have to be something more generic. :(