• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating a config file from Poser Python

English Bob

Adventurous
Here's a VERY OLD set of scripts [...]
I'm no longer writing python stuff for release, so I have no problem at all with permissions or licensing. Just ask.
http://ockhamsbungalow.com/PPP/Loader.zip

I'm fooling around with @ockham's loader script from the above-quoted thread. In Poser 11 / Windows 7 it runs into a permission error because it tries to create its config file in the Program Files folder. I can make it work by hard-coding a path for the file to somewhere that isn't protected. That's not good coding practice. :) What would be the cleanest way to create a file that can be written to on any OS, Mac or Windows?

ockham

That's a good hint. I'm pretty sure you can do without the config file altogether. Loader was meant to be a sort of all-purpose control panel, storing your preferences for many functions. If you're just redoing the morph-loading part you wouldn't need the config file.

English Bob

Adventurous
Thanks @ockham! I just thought I'd try the whole package to begin with, out of interest more than anything. I haven't had much tinkering time recently. As you say I doubt a config file will be needed for the fragments I want to 'be inspired by'.