• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Looking for software for a 32bit computer

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am currently using a 32 bit computer and I would like to know what free software is out there for texturing 3d figures and objects? I know there is GIMP but what else is out there?

Jay Versluis

Admirable
I remember Photoshop CS3 was 32bit, with 64bit support. Don't know about later versions.

Clip Studio Paint (formerly Manga Studio) supports 32bit. It's an excellent cheap tool for drawing and texturing. Highly underrated!

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro is also 32bit compatible. It's nice for drawing, but I wouldn't recommend it for texturing. Check out the demo version for free and see what you think.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
PD Howler has a free version that is older but fully functional. And DAZ has sales on some of the newer versions from time to time, making them really cheap ($4 or so). It's what I use for everything not rendered!

There is Karita and Paint, but I don't know much about them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Bonnie. I haven't updated my Photoshop since CS2, and I can't think of anything I can't do with it, and if you have CS6, you might even have some options not available in older versions of PS.