• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Postage Stamp Art Challenge

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Doesn't upset me! I agree with you. I've always rooted for Charles and Camilla. Even if I am on the other side of the pond :D

Definitely agree William needs a few more decades before he's ready.

To be honest, Pen, I am not bothered about Camilla, a lot of people don't want her to be as she's taken Diana's place, but I see it as she should have been at his side from the start. (sorry if that's upset anyone, lol but i see her as his soulmate)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
PSP stamp edges, tested on PSP 7. It's not perfect and it's not one-step, but you could try this for a picture-frame style overlay:

stamp2.jpg
Select a rectangle shape then under line style select 'custom'
stamp1.jpg Check the box for different segment caps and select all your caps to be 'ball', set your ball size (maximum is 10 I think?) then set your segment and gap lengths until they look stamp hole like using the sliders and number box. Save with a new name.
stamp3.jpg On a new layer, draw a rectangle as line only, no fill, with the new line style.
stamp4.jpg Use the magic wand with opacity set to select the area outside the stamp, expand the selection a pixel or two if needed, then fill the outside.

Alpha channel mask variation:

Create the line style, then set the fill the same as a line and draw your blank stamp. Once created, you can use this layer to create a mask and save this to the alpha channel to apply to any other layer(s).

Now you have made your custom line you can use it on rectangles of different sizes, and if you create your rectangles as vectors you can resize them as needed.

No idea how this would work on the latest versions of PSP, I'm afraid.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very nice HaiGan...if anyone wants to use that it would be okay...nice job! I haven't used psp in a long time but it would allow people who do and want to give the challenge a go to join in. Thanks for sharing...

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The alpha channel part in my instructions was not quite right, you need to draw the line then fill in as before, but save the result to the alpha channel.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
In PSP you can create a mask from the opacity or luminosity of a layer, save that mask to the alpha channel, then apply that mask from the saved channel to any other layer you want; so you can save the 'photo frame' and invert the mask data to mask the area outside the stamp edge on the image layer, or you can not bother with masks and apply the photo frame as a layer over the image. If you do the latter you can merge the mask into the layer and then apply a drop shadow effect or whatever.

Photoshop probably does it differently, I've not learned it well enough to know yet.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can't remember how I used to do I just remember that when I moved from psp to ps years ago alphas caused me problems as they were done differently. I was using it to create textures for elderscroll games. It took me a while to come to terms with the differences.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha, all I did was make it a layer and deleted the black and used the white as a frame over the art :D

Cybrea

Cool ideas and images! This isn't a new image but I just made a stamp of it. And most stamps here now show FOREVER instead of the price.
Stamp edges made with Filter Forge, if you have FF 5.0 there is a new postage stamp filter.

unicornstamp.jpg

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
nice one cy, I do love that bubbalooloo horsey pic you did, so dainty looking :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
So pretty, Cybrea!

In NZ we don't have forever stamps and I really like that idea. It's really annoying having to get extra stamps when the post office puts the price of standard postage up. Mind you, I can't remember the last time I sent one...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wish I had a good Mustang morph and texture.
I'd do a postage commemorating the wild mustangs.
May try my hand at this in a bit...need a break from just work. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a second one for later but need to rest a bit and get busy on some new products.

Just got back from another visit with my doctor, this time it was due to allergic reaction to Albuterol. :sick:
Plus my new meds will cost me about @175 or more a month in co-pay so I need sales. :eek: