• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Thriller
@luannemarie
That is exactly what this was, a very scientific experiment in lighting and color...and to have fun at halloween time of course

Beautiful color!! Makes me want to know the story here... who are those guys jumping/falling out of the helicopter? Where did all the pterodactyls come from??

@Desertsilver Oh boy, hankering to get me story telling are you? Well there is a lot to tell here, First off most of my dinosaur models date back to the beginning of time...3D time that is, back from the days of prehistoric internet down load times....lol I have never used them in a finished render in modern times as their lighting requirements come from back in the Bryce 3.0 days, which brings up the sky which again looks like a Bryce Sky..It isn't, but is from my camera. I started out in Bryce, couldn't ever get poser to behave like Bryce though...At least until now that is.. Now that tells a bit of the technical side of this now onto the story side..

Back in he days of jurassic park II the ending scene had everyone flying out in military helicopters, pterodactyls fly by, scene ends...Ah, but did it? A question that never gets answered in any of the other sequels...How could any self respecting story teller at Halloween time just let that go...lol They used that scene to set up the next movie which never came, we are just supposed to believe they flew to the Bahamas' and lived there on stolen credit cards?

As far as the people falling out of the copter, I was going to go further with them, but some things are better if left to the imagination or saved for the full length film...lol

@luannemarie @Desertsilver @Flint_Hawk Thanks all for enjoying my creation and have a haunted and happy halloween...

I bet you have seen the studies they are doing showing crows and pigeons solving IQ tests that 4 year old humans can not...so wouldn't it be fascinating if pterodactyls are even smarter?

I'm thinking they fly over and rescue the humans, letting them ride them to the ground, and thus a whole new chapter in human/ animal relationships begins...

@Desertsilver I have been working with birds for most of my adult life, They are amazing creatures with a great deal as of yet untouched potential. With the birds I now have I have been amazed and humbled and have watched one my birds bring tears of delight and joy to crowds of forty people or more like it was nothing to totally take command of a crowd.. I just sit and wonder as he speaks to people in words I have never heard before..."Did I do that, am I that good a trainer or should I tell everyone the truth, I am a fraud in the presents of genius...Birds have a love of life hard wired into them, I would love to be able to tap into that...

Ah, well the tale ends here, but the story has yet to be finished

Media information

Album
Touch of Real
Added by
Carey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata