• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My adventures in dForce

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I finally have some of my content installed and have started to play again with dForce. Love the new computer as it works so much faster. So far I have had a play with a few items that were originally intended for Poser. One by Satira and one by Lully. Shaders on both are from Lully's great shader factory.
test 2 divas playdress.png
Learning to fly.png

So far the only thing I needed to play with was the gravity. Interesting to note if you go into the minus the clothing goes up instead of down...that might be useful with hair. I was thinking of trying that when I get chance...

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Those look great! I highly recommend Arki's dForce Webinar when it comes out at DAZ. It was really good, and talked about rigging clothing for dForce, and a lot about how to adjust dForce for various things.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks I'm having a lot of fun with it. I will have to save up for the tutorial. I'm a bit broke at the moment as I had to renew my UVLayout service agreement so I could update it.

I love being able to use Lully's and Satira's stuff as dynamic like it was intended...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Interesting to note if you go into the minus the clothing goes up instead of down...that might be useful with hair. I was thinking of trying that when I get chance...
It depends on the hair, most will explode because they aren't really anchored. But if its a simple enough hair and you use dForce weight map it your self so near the scalp is fixed it can work.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
not sure as I don't have that one, but sometimes adding some more time to the sim for it to settle can help. It looks good on my screen, adds movement, and I wouldn't have picked up on it if you didn't mention it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just loading stuff on the comp at the moment, but if I get a chance later, I'll screen shot it if I remember :)

EDITED: here it is... Just bump up the Stabilization Time (that is if that's what's causing it)
Stabilization Time.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's not always obvious what is connected and what isn't until you try Seliah...:lol:

I generally have to lower the default gravity setting as otherwise stuff just looks saggy and baggy.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've been having fun, frustrating fun, but fun. I've been trying to get some of my creations d-Forced and so far some items are great, some horrible. The stabilizing is set to 1.00 but I've found by using it between 1.10 to 1.50 gives better results for allot of the stuff I'm trying to do. Here are a couple I liked. The SuperSuit has been redone completely to fit Genesis 8 as well as redid my WorkOut Togs. The cape is a mixture of d-Force and some morphs. For a conforming cape it's really a struggle to get things looking really good unless I want to spend DAYS and DAYS doing cape morphs for just about any position he's in AND the cape become detached from his collar bones I take him from a standing position to a flight position so I HAVE to use d-Force and then some built in morphs I made to get this effect. Kinda fidgety for the end user.... The WorkOut Togs shorts as you can see drape nicely even in this haunch sitting position (that's Ollie by the way with the new DAZ 8 Dog) ............

Attachments

• SuperSuit - Dynamic Cape.jpg
    SuperSuit - Dynamic Cape.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Ollie and his Dog.jpg
    Ollie and his Dog.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 215

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love that youve posted here Ram! They both look good. I also findit ver frustrating at times. I played with Dawns princess dress for diva but it was very frustrating and in the end I gave up on it. I'll probably give it another try when I've learnt more.