• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

YUGE GAME CHANGER in DAZ STUDIO in beta right now

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is all fine and dandy, but most Poser users avoid the cloth room. It will be interesting to see whether mass avoidance also occurs among DS users regarding dForce.
From what I've seen so far people are willing to try it and those that have, have loved it.

eclark1894

Visionary
d-Force is instantaneous though. Very little set up. All the dials for things like draping strength and all that are in the Surfaces tab so your not hoping around from "room to room" so I imagine there will be more of a move TOWARDS dynamics in DAZ Studio rather than moving away. There will always be a need for conforming clothing and in fact most clothing I've seen in the DAZ 3D store for d-Force is all conforming but with a set up for the dynamics included.

Actually, Richard, I rarely hop from "room to room" in Poser unless there's something specific, and very involved that I have in mind. But the truth is, as in most things, if something screws up in the simulation in Poser, 9 times out of ten it was user error. I do believe however that Poser could make things in the Cloth room more user friendly, so that people are less inclined to screw up.

I also believe that most dynamic clothing makers don't really know the mechanics involved with the clothing they're making. They think that the Cloth room is "magical" and will just work no matter what they make or how.

I've also had a look at some of the dynamic clothing being made for Studio, and unfortunately, I won't be listing any of it in my directory... for now at least.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I've also had a look at some of the dynamic clothing being made for Studio, and unfortunately, I won't be listing any of it in my directory... for now at least.

I feel like I need to explain that last sentence. I don't want anyone thinking that I just had to take a swipe at dynamic clothing for Studio. First of all, I'm not that petty. Nothing would please me more than to list Studio dynamic clothing in the directory, however, I can't. As they are now, they're real purty to look at, but no good for Poser users to use. Unless there's something I don't know about, and truly I hope there is, they are only in the .duf file format which Poser can't use.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I feel like I need to explain that last sentence. I don't want anyone thinking that I just had to take a swipe at dynamic clothing for Studio. First of all, I'm not that petty. Nothing would please me more than to list Studio dynamic clothing in the directory, however, I can't. As they are now, they're real purty to look at, but no good for Poser users to use. Unless there's something I don't know about, and truly I hope there is, they are only in the .duf file format which Poser can't use.

I doubt that they would work in Poser they are made and designed for DS 4.10 and its dforce dynamics they are also conforming clothing, so yes they will be in .duf format. The dynamic settings won't, I don't think, transfer to Poser dynamics.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I was thinking about this.

It would be down to the vendor to include a poser version of the garments if they sold for Daz dforce. Like some prop vendors, they do a version for both software.

If an outfit were for a figure that would work in both, I cannot see why a simple inclusion of an OBJ file could be included.

True, it wouldn't have the settings or any materials, but the model itself should work (unless it has a double layer, then it would be pokethrough heaven) It is made the same way in the modelling programme, it's only when the obj is imported into Daz where the dforce magic is added. For someone good enough in the poser room, it would be a simple enough task to do the necessary to allow the cloth room magic to happen.

Having said this, it is up to the individual, whether or not they want the hassle of all that work and only half a pack that is usable. Maybe the solution is to just sell obj files for cheap. Most people have shaders or material packs, and the process from import is fairly simple once you know how.

Hornet3d

Wise

It would be down to the vendor to include a poser version of the garments if they sold for Daz dforce. Like some prop vendors, they do a version for both software.

If an outfit were for a figure that would work in both, I cannot see why a simple inclusion of an OBJ file could be included.

True, it wouldn't have the settings or any materials, but the model itself should work (unless it has a double layer, then it would be pokethrough heaven) It is made the same way in the modelling programme, it's only when the obj is imported into Daz where the dforce magic is added. For someone good enough in the poser room, it would be a simple enough task to do the necessary to allow the cloth room magic to happen.

Having said this, it is up to the individual, whether or not they want the hassle of all that work and only half a pack that is usable. Maybe the solution is to just sell obj files for cheap. Most people have shaders or material packs, and the process from import is fairly simple once you know how.

Your solution of selling the obj files for cheap would seem a solution for the those Poser users that were familiar with the cloth room but as you say it would be down to the individual. Many vendors don't bother with the hassle of supporting Poser (although vendors here generally do), that said I have not as yet run out of things to buy at Daz and I have a long wishlist of products form those vendors that do.

eclark1894

Visionary

I think Optitex does that for their clothing. I listed them in the directory under Dynamic clothing.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Well, poser dynamics should (if done right) have an obj in the Geometries files. (The geometry is stripped out of the prop.) It's just that DAZ does thing differently and you don't have the obj available, not unless you load the garment and export, but then, it might not be as the original obj ( not sure it saves other things that DAZ creates.)

It's easier for DAZ people to buy poser items and use in DAZ, than have poser people buy DAZ items and use in poser. Hence my suggestion to include the obj or have obj packs. I probably could rattle off a full garment in a couple of hours and sell it as a sweet deal in obj format, if anyone was interested?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
No, it doesnt, not unless there is some special way to export then import. I seem to remember a tutorial out for gen3, but think it's more hassle than it's worth. Dawn, Dusk and even Diva and Luna are examples of what would be good with obj files, they work in both programmes. Even good old V4.
Remember that dynamics or dforce doesn't have to be clothing. There is a set out in rendo which are cobwebs, it's the first thing I saw with a mention of dforce on it. The item doesn't have to be conforming to work. I did the Evenstar dress at the start of this thread without conforming.
I'm gonna post some more pics which will show something that is only conforming at the top part, suppose you could call it a hybrid. The skirt is just one group linked to the hip bone.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Test renders, just conforming down to hip, the skirt is grouped to hip bone. Animated using timeline range rather than static

upload_2017-10-31_15-24-29.png

upload_2017-10-31_15-24-45.png

upload_2017-10-31_15-24-58.png

upload_2017-10-31_15-25-10.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Have you checked her store here at HiveWire? I don't think she has anything for Dawn in her Renderosity store that she doesn't have here.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't think she does then. I know that skirt length is oddly specific. I don't want to have to make it, but I really like that style for some stuff I'm trying to learn to do. And the girl in the pic even reminds me of Dawn.:)