• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

YUGE GAME CHANGER in DAZ STUDIO in beta right now

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Is it fully welded Rich? I know that in poser if its not it falls apart. I would imagine this is the same in daz

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Do you allow frames at the end of the posing process to allow the material to become stable? I know some poses, if extreme, will have the cloth flying about haphazardly. If you add 15 frames after the 30 frame posing process it allows the cloth to settle down

eclark1894

Visionary
Also the Robe for Dawn... the sleeves should have draped nicely down but instead I got what I'm calling "fins" ... Another issue I need to resolve..... I have so many outfits that I never released because I just couldn't get a more natural flow to the cloth. I think this may be my solution but need to figure out if I need to remodel parts or what to get this all to work as expected....

View attachment 31659
Can I see a picture of the robe before you drape it?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Is it fully welded Rich? I know that in poser if its not it falls apart. I would imagine this is the same in daz
I'm pretty sure it's welded. I can run it through ZBrush again and make sure when I get some more time. I'm getting ready to leave for work so can't do anything more this AM.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
''I'm pretty sure it's welded. I can run it through ZBrush again and make sure when I get some more time. I'm getting ready to leave for work so can't do anything more this AM.''

Could it possibly be poke through? If you want, send the obj for the particular piece to me and I can check in hexagon. That programme allows you to check each point, one at a time. I might be able to weld each point in turn without disturbing the uvmapping.

Am I going to be adding your name to the dynamic clothing section of my directory, Richard?

I just saw your site, very impressive. Did you realise I have dynamic clothes and prop sets for poser at Rendo?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
"My directory's been up for a month and you're JUST now seeing it?:eek:"

OOPS! Maybe you need to make your signature bigger, lol. Maybe an image banner like Richard's?
Personally, I don't get enough time to peruse the forums as I would like and I miss a chunk, so sorwee :oops:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
''I'm pretty sure it's welded. I can run it through ZBrush again and make sure when I get some more time. I'm getting ready to leave for work so can't do anything more this AM.''

Could it possibly be poke through? If you want, send the obj for the particular piece to me and I can check in hexagon. That programme allows you to check each point, one at a time. I might be able to weld each point in turn without disturbing the uvmapping.

Am I going to be adding your name to the dynamic clothing section of my directory, Richard?

I just saw your site, very impressive. Did you realise I have dynamic clothes and prop sets for poser at Rendo?

No, you won't be able to do that in Hexagon. With the first weld you will lose the UV map.

My guess, too, is that the trim around the collar of the shirt is not welded. A lot of tutorials tell folks to model that way and it's just wrong - and now you see why. The pieces can become separated with extreme poses, or just with morphs. Not to mention it won't work with dynamics at all.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
It doesnt work 100% of the time, but mostly it does. I use the point weld all the time and it works fine, just have to neaten things up, but the uvmap stays

EDIT to add - I think it doesn't work if the two meshes are completelyseparatee, but Rich's tunic looks partly welded, so it may work.

screendump of three steps in the process

upload_2017-10-27_13-27-20.png

Last edited:

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
If its exported as 2 meshes and reimported into hex it forms a single mesh, although the faces are separate. this can be welded
upload_2017-10-27_13-42-2.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'll have to check out the tunic... leaving for the gym now. Gotta get my belly down a bit.. I'm going to be a 70's rock star for Halloween and well my client gifted me a pair of velvet purple bell bottoms... waste 33 and I'm a 34... I gotta make it work, they look fabulous on me and the way they are built they give me a very nice butt lift! :p

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
ERm? That's three days away. I think you would do better with some sort of slimming garment. Not sure if they do them for men, but they do hold-ins for women.
I saw your wig on FV, look fab and your darker face hair looked great :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OH, I have all that stuff. Problem is is that adds more material to under the pants so I'm HOPING I can get my fast burn metabolism working well enough, I have Sunday and Monday to work out and then use my slimming "tank" to hopefully keep the belly at least somewhat flat. The shirt is a pirate shirt so that will prove to helpful in creating the illusion of a slimmer waist with it all fluffed out from the belt. I had a great workout today and hope I can keep the momentum going along with diet.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wóóóóhóóóóótttt!!!!! I did it! My first real dynamic attempt in DazStudio!
O wow! It may look like nothing much but I'm proud of it! Just a very simple image with content I like to use.
Dawn, one of my poses, sora bodymats, midlength hair, one of Lully's dynamic dresses and one of her XMas freebie materials on it.
And it WORKED! Without cursing, yelling or throwing a tantrum!!! O...my....!

I know it looks simple but for me this is a huuuuge stride forward in me learning DazStudio.
Why this makes sense to me and the rest doesn't will probably remain one of those mysteries. I'm a weird person, I think my brain is wired the wrong way round LOL

DForceSawnTest.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK... took the Poet shirt into ZBrush. your correct the top trim, since it was doubled (I was still learning about how to model in ZBrush and decided I wanted the draw strings to be INSIDE of that bit) so I just changed up the Polygroups by using the "Regroup by Edge" and that got me on my way to simplifying that area of the shirt. I hide those under parts and then deleted them, moved the edges out to where I can go and weld them to the main shirt. Also in ZBrush you do not loose your UV's, the program just recalculates them and you still have the same UV layout. So far, so good. This will become a d-Force garment after all! :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK... got the shirt fixed and welded properly. Won't have time to re-rig it before leaving for work and yea, I know all the morphs I made for it won't work but that's OK. Here is the UV, morphed flat so you can see... it's all there still!

PoetShirt Morphed UV'S after Shirt Fix.png

RobZhena

Adventurous
This is all fine and dandy, but most Poser users avoid the cloth room. It will be interesting to see whether mass avoidance also occurs among DS users regarding dForce.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
d-Force is instantaneous though. Very little set up. All the dials for things like draping strength and all that are in the Surfaces tab so your not hoping around from "room to room" so I imagine there will be more of a move TOWARDS dynamics in DAZ Studio rather than moving away. There will always be a need for conforming clothing and in fact most clothing I've seen in the DAZ 3D store for d-Force is all conforming but with a set up for the dynamics included.