• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

YUGE GAME CHANGER in DAZ STUDIO in beta right now

eclark1894

Visionary
I like the dress too. Just saying though, I thought it was pokethrou and Miss B thought it was a wrinkle. You probably need to dial back that shader just a smidge.;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
HAHAHA Just the lighting. I was in a hurry putting that render together after the draping so the lights are not well placed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yes, lighting can make a huge difference in how something renders.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes. You can use almost all Poser dynamics, but some items may need a bit or a lot of tweaking if these items use advanced options. Almost all: there is some Poser hybrid (partially rigged) garments, so -> re-rigging.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes. You can use almost all Poser dynamics, but some items may need a bit or a lot of tweaking if these items use advanced options. Almost all: there is some Poser hybrid (partially rigged) garments, so -> re-rigging.

Ooooooo, me doing happy dance now....
:happydance::happyflip::happydance:

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Note - I'm talking about Dawn's hybrids. Hybrid garments for V4 should not need re-rigging. Gone to test :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm talking about cases when, say, the top part is conforming and the skirt is dynamic.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Ahh good point, I've only tried a couple of pieces so far I don't really have much Poser dynamic stuff.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
well I just went to try and got an "A valid Open CL 1.2 Device could not be found" error :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks 3wComics. I've got a feeling my old card doesn't support OpenCL as it only mentions OpenGL in the specs. My video card and motherboard (and Windows 10) all say they are up-to-date.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Mine said it was up to date also (I just have onboard Intel HD Graphics with Win 7 Home Premium), but I just downloaded one of the new drivers and managed to install it. Had to finesse it a little, but now I can run the simulations in DS Beta.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, you MUST make sure your video card drivers are up to date. If you have the NVIDIA Experience installed then open that up and have it check for new drivers. I had just updated mine about 2 weeks ago and then BAM a new set of drivers appeared just after DAZ released this new d-Force beta.

eclark1894

Visionary
Has anyone figured out what to do about Buttons or buckles or things like that in D-force? In Poser you would simply constrain it, which I can do by selecting the button material group and adding it to the constrain cloth group. I'm asking because of a particular dynamic cloth outfit I'm making now for Dusk. Richard knows what I'm talking about. Is there something I need to do as a modeler to make it easier for the consumer to use the outfit in d-force?