• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

YUGE GAME CHANGER in DAZ STUDIO in beta right now

AllenArt

Eager
Works well but in beta so still twitchy of course ;).

Dress I made years ago for another figure for Poser's cloth room. Head's up dynamic cloth makers! Yes, I'm talking to you Lully...lol.

Laurie

Keyhole-Dress.jpg

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Dress I made years ago for another figure for Poser's cloth room. Head's up dynamic cloth makers! Yes, I'm talking to you Lully...lol.

Did I hear my name called, lol

Yeah, been messing about with it, very impressed, although I don't know how these will be packaged up. Can they be props or do they have to be conforming garments as I suck at weight mapping and this doesnt really need anything pinned. to neckline can be contracted to 92% (contraction-expansion ratio) to keep it in place or left at 100% balanced if you want it to have the ability to fall off of the shoulder if the angle is right.

This is just a prop revamped and draped on G8F

upload_2017-10-11_22-36-50.png

AllenArt

Eager
Did I hear my name called, lol

Yeah, been messing about with it, very impressed, although I don't know how these will be packaged up. Can they be props or do they have to be conforming garments as I suck at weight mapping and this doesnt really need anything pinned. to neckline can be contracted to 92% (contraction-expansion ratio) to keep it in place or left at 100% balanced if you want it to have the ability to fall off of the shoulder if the angle is right.

This is just a prop revamped and draped on G8F

View attachment 31130

WOW! Gorgeous. You were the first person I thought of when they announced they were adding dynamic cloth. LOL. I have adapted some of the things I bought here for Dawn to G2 to use in Optitex and that script from Rendo, but I'm about to try some of them on G3F and G8F :D

I don't think you have to rig anything if you don't want to. I just run the item thru the Transfer Utility really quick...just strictly from G3F to the cloth item with no other settings. At least that way, it will sort of take on the autofollow morphs, but still won't be suitable for a conformer. But who wants to keep using conformers now? LOL.

Laurie

eclark1894

Visionary
Interesting, but as Poser's been doing dynamic cloth for years, I wouldn't really call it a game changer. On the other hand, if Poser and MD dynamic cloth outfits can now be used in Studio ... it will be interesting to see what vendors do.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Interesting, but as Poser's been doing dynamic cloth for years, I wouldn't really call it a game changer. On the other hand, if Poser and MD dynamic cloth outfits can now be used in Studio ... it will be interesting to see what vendors do.

For us DS users it is, we have had Dynamics for years as well but now we have the ability to turn anything dynamic. considering how few vendors make dynamics for Poser yes it will be interesting to see how DS vendors take to the change and if more incorporate it into their creations.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

I don't know, Earl, from what I have seen of it so far, it looks like they took all the complaints about Poser's cloth room and turned them on their heads.

I know dynamic clothing creators don't want to mess with rigging, but it sounds like the best of both worlds - rigged for those terrified of the cloth room and dynamic for those who love them. The audience for their great stuff increases exponentially.

Looks like a win-win to me.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Just hope it will be more usable than Bullet in Poser. (Bullet had more or less the same promises but ended almost unusable... It was a pity because Bullet was one of my main reasons to switch to Pro version at the time.)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just hope it will be more usable than Bullet in Poser. (Bullet had more or less the same promises but ended almost unusable... It was a pity because Bullet was one of my main reasons to switch to Pro version at the time.)

Well, it is DAZ so I guess you can safely say "no promises" but credit where credit is due.

I also don't think it's a game changer, but it's nice to see innovation and if there were no competition in this marketplace innovation would be the first casualty.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
At this moment in time, they haven't stipulated if it will be necessary to have the clothing as conforming or a prop or if both will be allowed. Personally, I hate weight mapping with a vengeance and probably will have me tearing my hair out if it HAS to be conforming. It works perfectly fine with a lot of garments that don't need pinning into place like my dress above. And if it needs a slight pinch in ( eg the waist) there is an expansion-contraction ratio setting which shrinks or puffs out that area (Surface/material zone)

Some things I've noticed which I think is an improvement over poser cloth room.

1. sims are faster
2. cloth properties can be saved out
3. no poke-throughs, I've draped about a dozen times and not spotted one pokey.
4. Can turn dynamic strength off or down for specific surfaces, ideal for belts or basques where the draping is required for other parts of the garment.
5. not tried it yet but multiple layers in one garment will drape okay without pokies, will test that out later with my peacock dress and overskirt

Downside -

1. It doesn't have constrained groups, so suppose that's where the conforming comes into play and you can remove or reduce the dynamic strength on certain surfaces. (IE turn dynamic strength down to zero for belts. they will continue to conform, whilst the rest of the garment drapes around it. Hence, most garments will probably need to be conforming (GRRR WMapping!)
2. No morphing tool to smooth anything out - however, it does have smoothing modifier which you turn off during sims and turn back on again afterwards. Plus there are no pokies so no need to sort those out with a morphing brush.
3. Long garments that hit the floor will need a ground plane added to the scene or it will drape through the ground shadow. If I make anything and sell it, I will add an invisible plane prop as standard. You just have to remember to load it or it will drape into the ground and beyond.

Edited...

Last edited: