• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Privateer for Dusk

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Just a heads-up, Gadget Girl (and anyone else interested)...

Marvelous Designer just released (yesterday - Monday, April 18, 2016) a new update for MD5, and an open beta for MD5.5. Some interesting new additions to the new version. Participating in the beta should give you extra time since your trial is about up.

Also, I made an error in my previous statement regarding end customer usage. I was thinking along the lines of Delaunay unstructured tri-mesh, and not the quadrangulation export or an external quad retopo. Still stuck in my MD2 export way of thinking. If you are utilizing quads, then both Poser, and DS are well equipped for Sub-D base meshes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I downloaded MD5.5 yesterday when I got the email, but I'm not sure I'll do anything with it, because I'll just get frustrated I can't afford to upgrade from version 3.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Yeah, Miss B, I'm in the same boat, but MD2, and even if I had the money, I probably wouldn't upgrade (love/hate relationship with both the software and the developers).

Please, disregard my previous post regarding the Open Beta. Like Miss B, I downloaded yesterday with the email invite, and the website said it was available to everyone who was a registered user of the forums. After reading many having issues with the software not working last night, I decided to check out the thread again today to see how things were transpiring. Well, low and behold, it is now stated that the Open Beta is only available to current License holders of MD5 (site data I downloaded yesterday with the software does not reflect this).

Sorry for the "old", misleading information...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Not your fault. I got the same email you did, and it didn't state that clearly, so the "my bad" belongs to them.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yeah, Miss B, I'm in the same boat, but MD2, and even if I had the money, I probably wouldn't upgrade (love/hate relationship with both the software and the developers).

Please, disregard my previous post regarding the Open Beta. Like Miss B, I downloaded yesterday with the email invite, and the website said it was available to everyone who was a registered user of the forums. After reading many having issues with the software not working last night, I decided to check out the thread again today to see how things were transpiring. Well, low and behold, it is now stated that the Open Beta is only available to current License holders of MD5 (site data I downloaded yesterday with the software does not reflect this).

I saw that, but I tried downloading it anyway just to see. My trial version expired on Sunday, but I was able to use the beta. Of course my login is much more recent, so that may not work for much older versions.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

Not your fault. I got the same email you did, and it didn't state that clearly, so the "my bad" belongs to them.

So I was just checking on something else, and they have said anyone with a MD account can download the beta for free. Sounds like this was a change, because you did have to have a current version for a while, but then they changed it. So if you are interested in playing around you can.