• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP:Full size Carousel

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what I'm working on and the progress so far.
Still needs a lot of work, I want lights and some pretty deco for the top band.
It need separate posts for the horses or dragons, cats or motorcycles and whatever on the inner base.
Then is needs material zones created and mapping done...whew!

First I need to study how to do the inner posts and how many, see if my poor brain (and hands) will let me do the material zones.
Colors at present are procedurals only.
Mapping is iffy with me. :roflmao:
!MyCarousel Work2.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well changed it so it does not look so much like a gazebo. :laugh:
!MyCarousel Work 3.png

Got everything fixed for material zones but that needs tweaking in my text editor.
Everything parented, the floor poles are temporarily parented to test it.
Still only procedurals on it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The floor poles (that horse and such go on) will be an obj or prop so only what is needed can be added to the set and then whatever you want as the ride.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've got it saved as a character model, obj done and mapped.
Now to see if I mapped correctly.
Floor post is done but had to save as character model as it refused to save as prop for some reason.
The floor post is separate so as many as is needed can be added the parented to the mBase which can rotate separately with the posts.
This way horses or big cats, seats (if someone makes some) or even motorcycles can be added.
I remember when we lived down by Mammoth Springs, Arkansas and a carnival came to town every year.
It had two carousels, one with horses and one with all motorcycles.
My daughter always wanted to ride the motorcycles, my son chose the horses. :laugh:

Gonna break till tomorrow and then try to do textures for it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I decided to go ahead and try a texture just on the dome with a map, did not work.
Ugh, I really have not mastered mapping yet.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This one is grinding to a slow halt, can't get it mapped right.
I still do not understand mapping enough to do it.|

|It has some tweaks needs I have no doubt but I seem to have come to a sudden stop and can do nothing more...sigh.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't recall what software you usually use to model your products, but if you want someone to look at it, I use Blender, and usually don't have a problem UV Mapping with it.

I also have UV Mapper Classic, but I usually only use that to create a UV Map from someone else's models.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks, it would help and be appreciated.
I've left off the posts that horses are attached to so they can be added as needed.
Just let me know where to send the obj and character files to.

eyesight giving me fits lately and have to keep correcting my spelling...lol.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know, but do you use dropbox? If so, you can upload it there and PM me the link. That'll work.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So here is the work on the carousel so far.
Many thanks to Miss B for mapping and adjusting.
This is the two textures that will go with it.
A floor pole to attach horses or??? to will soon be ready as well.|

01BlkGold.png

01RedGold.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope that if it get to market, someone will do add-ons and put some carnival lights on it. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope to have the Sparkled set ready soon but a seam is being troublesome.
And if Dreamer gets some free time she will be submitting our joint project "I Want Candy" for the HiveWire Horse.
Hope she can submit it soon and it gets into the store before Christmas.