• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who Shall it Be?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My next project will be a character for Dusk

These are the contenders based on characters I created for my use.

In no particular order ...

Liam O Tuathail, a wee bit of a Steampunk Lioprachán.
Liam-O-Tuathail.jpg

Elf with no Name (He never shared his name. But he's my last choice.)
Sleepy-Time.jpg

Sad Tiny Dwarf Giant. Another who did not share his name. He's next to last on my list. Though, I do love his rather unique features.
Such-a-Sad-Tiny-Dwarf-Giant.jpg

The Gardener ... who finally identified himself as Stephen.
The-Gardener.jpg

Thulian Mountbattan. Named after the two pinks in his clothing. If I remember correctly, both he and Liam are wearing Poser hair.
Thulian-Mountbatten.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well now, I wasn't quite ready to post. But Tsuki decided it to post for me.

She probably knew best as it is time to leave for work. I'm leaning toward Thulian ... simply because he's more likely to appeal to most people ... being rather non fae.

Liam will make an appearance though one day. Wearing his own clothing rather than M4's Wanted DOA.

So, off to work I go.

Margy

The Margician
Contributing Artist
Stephen :inlove:

All these characters are really wonderful. I love your work!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Margy and Lorraine.

Stephen would certainly be fun, and Dusk does need "sweats," even if these are nearly short shorts :wink:

I love Thulian's robe and cowl, although, it's gone through a number of changes, including a Dawn version. I haven't yet tried to save Poser hair as a prop, so that will need to be successful with Thulian. He also needs a pair of shoes. I have a couple pairs I created in MD that may well serve as a start or basis for a new pair of shoes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I like Stephen first, and I'd vote for Thulian second, though a close second. ;)

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
It's interesting when..... the characters we make or use start to have a life of their own.

As you said, Stephen suddenly told you his name. Now, you have to start doing his back story.

Those that know me, know about my Pixie, her sister Pixidora and her little girl, Little Pixie. They all have back stories now. In fact a lot of people remember Little Pixie from the DAZ March sales when she used to post renders about people making clothes that didn't show her mum's bum off!!! Lol.

I look forward to seeing your characters come to life.

All the best.

Richard

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Richard.

Yes indeed. Some characters are more forthcoming with their names and history. Others tend to be secretive.

It's truly amazing just how different, and sometimes strangely alien, our characters can be.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm probably a bit weird but I do like the more unusual and Liam really appeals but Stephen and Thulian would both be good.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Liam has so much personality, I love him. But if you were to ask which of these I would be more likely to buy I'd say it would be Stephen.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Stephen gets my vote. The more unique (and the less like out-of-the-box) the better.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If I recall correctly, I believe Stephen is also a bit on the shorter side.

I managed to get some promotional renders done this weekend so should start putting the images together this week. Then I just need to do the writeups and I can get those two products submitted.

At this point, I'm thinking Stephen. I need to check whether I have any gardening tools/supplies in my runtime.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If I'm not mistaken, Wilmap only does DS, and Satira only does Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've not seen any of the Twilight movies. It looks like the only thing I've ever seen him in was as Cedric in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.