• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
JUST watched (and for me it's a 'first time', because I ONLY watch TV on DVD) GAME OF THRONES....with it ending in a super cliff hanger, I would have waited to watch it till Season 8 comes out.... I went searching...and just read:

All good things must come to an end, and Game of Thrones fans will soon be making their final trip to Westeros. Here's everything we know so far about the eight (and final) season of the hit fantasy epic:

When is Games of Thrones season 8 on TV?

As yet, no firm broadcast date has been given for the final series � but it could be a long wait. In June 2017, HBO's head of programming Casey Bloys said that it might not reach our screens until 2019, due to the lengthy writing and production process.

Actress Sophie Turner (who plays Sansa Stark) appeared to confirm that release date in an interview with Variety. "Game of Thrones comes out in 2019," she told the magazine in December.

In a further crushing blow for Thrones fans, Bloys has also hinted there could be another agonizing wait between the end of Game of Thrones and the beginning of the first spin-off show. "You�re not going to see anything air anytime close to the season 8 finale," he said.

How many episodes will there be in season 8?

The eighth season will be the shortest yet, with only six episodes, making it shorter than the penultimate season (seven episodes), and much shorter than the first six seasons of the show (which had 10 episodes each).

Who is in the final series?

All the main cast-members will return for the final series. As this is Game of Thrones, however, we can't be sure who will survive until the very end. Although it is an ensemble show, the cast's salaries might give some indication which characters will be given the most prominence in the final season: in 2017, Variety reported that five cast members � Peter Dinklage (Tyrion), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime), Lena Headey (Cersei), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) and Kit Harington (Jon Snow) � were all being paid $500,000 per episode.

Other returning cast members including Liam Cunningham (Davos), Sophie Turner (Sansa), Maisie Williams (Arya), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) and Gwendoline Christie (Brienne).

Who will write season 8?

The final series will keep the show's four-strong writing team of DB Weiss, David Benioff, Dave Hill and Brian Cogman. Although George RR Martin was a guest-writer for a few episodes in the show's first four seasons, he will not return for season eight.

Hill will write the season premiere and Cogman will write the second episode, while Benioff and Weiss will share the remaining four episodes between them.

The TV series has already overtaken its source, George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. The plot of the final series will be based on his notes from the final two unfinished novels in Martin's series, The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

With the final season of Game of Thrones delayed until 2019, it is possible (albeit unlikely) that The Winds of Winter may be published before season eight hits our screens. Martin has already released several excerpts from the novel, suggesting that progress is well under way. In January 2017, he told his fans he expected the book to be published before the end of the year. Although that estimate turned out to be unrealistic, it does suggest he has nearly finished the long-awaited tome.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I like Once upon a time but I never finished season 1 yet. I am behind in Doctor Who. I think I have majority of the seasons for Walking Dead but no way to watch it as it is on my Microsoft movies and TV account and that requires Windows 8/10 or an XBox. I cannot use Windows 10 on my current computer as I cannot use Daz studio does not work with the video driver that works with windows 10. I do not have an XBox yet but I did ask my mum for one for Christmas but I doubt she can get one as it is probably too expensive.

eclark1894

Visionary
Rose Marie, aka, Sally Rogers from The Dick Van Dyke Show has taken her final bow at the age of 94.

sally.png

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I watched a series called "Babylon Berlin" over the Christmas break. It's German made with English subtitles, set in 1929 Berlin. Wow, Berlin was a really advanced place for the time compared to inhibited capital cities like Dublin. The plot is very good and ties in with historical events of the time.
I watched series 1 and 2, they are making new series at the moment.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Geeze.... kinda depressing to have this thread be an "obit page".... but that's just my feelings....

Been enjoying some BBC classics... Lark Ford to Candleshire and Monarch of the Glenn~ both rated G, wonderful actors and both are 16x9 ratio and look GREAT on my flat screen... LOVE the rich countryside of both the English country side and Scotland/Loch!

PS, HALLE BARRY'S KIDNAP movie is REALLY REALLY GOOD!

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Don't keep us in suspense, did Mum get you an XBox? :)
Nope but she got me an acrylic paint set instead. I did not ask her for the Xbox as I wanted the Xbox one x and that was too expensive.
I never gave her my amazon wishlist for Christmas so I assumed she never saw it. I had been thinking of dabbling with acrylic paint on canvas boards and little ceramic figurines. I wish I could have a 3D printer. Hmmm decisions. Xbox and TV or new phone or 3D printer with tax return funds. Or a mixture of above if possible.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've recently subscribed to Stan and been watching the Sarah Jane Chronicles all the way through. Also been enjoying watching the more recent episodes of Dr Who. I've only watched bits and pieces of the last two male doctors. Thought it was time to catch up.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Peter Capaldi
is leaving Dr Who?!?! YAY!!!! (sorry, Satira) ;) But then I'll watch Dr. Who again... I could not stand him!! BUT heard there will be a WOMAN doctor?? should I buy the Christmas episode? Is that the change-over one??? I'm SO not sure there should be a female doctor... I loved the Wife of Dr. Who stories....

my favorite doctor was the FIRST NEW ONE...well and the second one... (got hooked on Broadchurch 3 series stories because of what's his name).

and LOVED the Sarah Jane Chronicles.. collected the DVDs... sad she passed from illness after the series was over...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
David Tennant was marvelous and a very hard act to follow. He's a great actor...I loved the Broadchurch series also.

I'm not sure how I feel about a woman doctor...except ambivalent...my daughter is keen on the idea...I'm not so sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Considering Missy was originally a male Time Lord, it's not at all surprising that the Doctor would at some time regenerate as a woman. Apparently, Judi Dench was considered for the 9th Doctor. Christopher Eccleston was the first new Doctor (9th Doctor), followed by David Tennant (1oth Doctor), Matt Smith (11th Doctor), and ... of course ... Peter Capaldi (12th Doctor). Of course, we can't forget the War Doctor (John Hurt), who was between the 8th and 9th Doctors (even though we meet him during Matt Smith's Doctorhood).

Of the new Doctors, Christopher Eccleston was my least favorite. Although, he was also my first Doctor (I never saw Doctor Who in its previous incarnation). Now ... David Tennant was brilliant immediately. Then, it took me awhile to warm up to Matt Smith. By the time his gig was over, I didn't want him to go either.

I wasn't all that sure of Peter Capaldi his first season, but he totally became the Doctor in the last two seasons. I absolutely could believe he had once been the David Tennant and Matt Smith Doctors.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I never got into watching Dr. Who on a regular basis, so the only episodes I saw were during Matt Smith's reign as the Doctor.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I started watching Doctor Who with Jon Pertwee as the doctor and for a long time Tom Baker was my favourite. However my favourite doctor would be John Tennant with Donna as his companion. I cried when I watched the doctor donna episode yesterday. So sad for her and for him. They were a fantastic partnership. I would have liked to see more and the episode with Wilf when the doctor saves him is a favourite I'm looking forward to seeing sometime today.

I'm not sure how I feel about Missy either to me it just didn't feel right but I've had years of watching Doctor Who and seeing the Master as a male but my daughter who's only watched the newer version loved it , but she sees a female doctor as a progress for women...I don't.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As soon as Missy was revealed as The Master, I knew it was in the cards for a female Doctor. I'm not sure about it, I'll have to wait and see. David Tennant is my fav, then Capaldi for the new Dr's and Pertwee and Baker for the old ones. I also loved the guy who, in a Dr Who special (I think it was on how Dr Who came to be), played the original doctor, you could swear he was the original one (he's the same guy who plays him in the Christmas special just gone).