• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Well Dressed Asian male....

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I will make a thread soon, but here is just a little preview of Oriental Dusk haha. There are not really any shaders applied other then a gray color.

ryanprev.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Started Grouping the cheongsam jacket early this morning. hope to finish tonight, then I'll take everything into either the Fitting Room or The Setup Room for rigging. I'm also going to take a version of it into the Cloth Room to see how it does there.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, something's going on with the jacket. Just for the heck of it I imported it into Poser to do a quick rig in the Setup Room. That went off with a hitch. However. When i imported it into Poser 11. The texture was different. and Poser went crazy when I tried to change it. So I closed down poser and re imported it into Poser 2014. Didn't try to rig it, but against it imported with a different texture. I did manage to change it with no problem but for some inexplicable reason it rendered with that same texture. I gotta go back into Blender now to see if I'm doing something wrong. Why isn't anything that's supposed to be simple, as simple as it's supposed to be?:confused:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I rarely set up the textures I want to use in Blender. I just set up the matzones, create a proper UV Map, and add the textures within Poser. Then all you need to do is set up an mc6 file to apply the textures. Also, the cr2 can apply the textures automatically when the jacket's loaded into a scene.

To me, the only reason to set up the textures in Blender is if I'm going to do the final rendering in Blender, and I don't usually do that.

eclark1894

Visionary
I rarely set up the textures I want to use in Blender. I just set up the matzones, create a proper UV Map, and add the textures within Poser. Then all you need to do is set up an mc6 file to apply the textures. Also, the cr2 can apply the textures automatically when the jacket's loaded into a scene.

To me, the only reason to set up the textures in Blender is if I'm going to do the final rendering in Blender, and I don't usually do that.
Well, it makes perfect sense to me to go ahead and set up the texture in Blender, especially if I want to do a cycles set up. And I'm usually going back and for over something that I like or don't like, and I can make adjustments to the mesh or the UV map as I go. I just suck at texturing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Practice makes perfect. It took me a long time to come to terms with textures in Blender and Poser, especially with the new Cycles/SuperFly options.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, just to let you guys know what's going on with this jacket. I think I've solved the problem with the texturing. Well, mostly solved it. I still suc at texturing, but if I can just get the cuffs on the jacket to behave, I can take it into Poser for rigging . Also, if I can get the UV s to behave, I'll post a map here somewhere to let you see what it looks like. I've got like five or six different things going on at the same time and that's not even counting the old stuff like the barn and the house which I'm still working on. I'm trying not to start any more large scale projects until I can clear my current slate.

eclark1894

Visionary
Musings...
I have to admit even I was surprised at how nice this belt looks.
upload_2017-11-30_20-56-30.png

Still though, can't change the color of the pants and can't figure out why.