• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

W.I.P Thread for Dreamers Coats for Harry

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
There are quite a few options for glasses so might experiment apply the shader then apply the texture and tweak how you want it to look.
Yeah that's about how a do it in poser, start with some thing roughly in the ballpark then start tinkering. The Ivory shader started out as a shader setting for V4 teeth lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I meant the glossyness rather than texture (one shiny the other matt :p) as an option for the horns.

You were talking about emissives so I thought you'd might be interested what it can look like, I did that pic for a little girl who loves leopard patterns :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think it is a bit too glossy for Ivory, I haven't seen highly polished ivory quite that shiny. I like the effect tho, so that's why I said 2 settings :D

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ok I'll see if I can work out how to turn the gloss down to be closer to polished ivory. I was thinking it did look a bit more like maybe moonstone or an opaque quartz of some sort

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hows this? I think its a bit closer to what Ivory looks like. What are your thoughts @NapalmArsenal @Rae134 ?
hornA.jpg

hornA2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You might take the gloss setting down just a tad more, but it looks pretty close to me! This is a good setting as well if you wanted to save it too.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I really like that last one. With the glossy setting down, the twists in the horn that do shine really pop in a nice way and bring out the shape of the horn. I think you're getting the ivory look down very nicely.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I like both the really glossy options (more ethereal looking for a Unicorn) and the natural gloss above...