• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Vote for the winner of the Postage Stamp Challenge

Which is your favourite Postage Stamp Render

• 1. Luna

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 2. Chinese Luna Moth

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 3. British Stamp

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 4. Budgerigar

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 5. Galah

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 6. Rainbow Lorikeet

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 7. Forever

• 8. For Preservation of the Wetlands

• 9. For Preservation of Wetlands 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry I've been a bit remiss in posting the winner...

The winner is British Postage Stamp by Dawn.

@Dawn, if you contact Pom via pm she will organise your prize...she did say it's okay to wait for a while if you want and suggested you may want to check out her wip thread.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!? :D I didn't even see this thread until now, (god I am do stuck with my head in the sand at the mo)

Thanks all, and thanks Pen for arranging this little challenge. If we have another I will sure contribute towards a prize, (although I wont be able to enter then :( lol)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL!

Congrats Dawn and all the lovely entries! And thanks, Pom, for donating a prize!

Dawn, you can still create something for another challenge if you want to contribute - just can't officially enter it ;)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Good idea, i can still have fun.
I'm just reading the "Once upon a time" story, think that would be a wonderful challenge and we can illustrate it at the same time, what do you think?
(she says having already made a open pyramid! lol)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Congrats Dawn....Alisa right you could still post a render it just wouldn't be part of the voting. Oh wow! What an interesting idea Dawn...

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Cheers Pen
:) I'm gonna give it a go, not sure how this is turning out as I've had to use the housemouse and I gotta paint the tailcoat (yikes this will be a mess, the scenery I'm happy with though, got the pyramid done and all shiny sitting on some sparkly sand dunes

how do you set up a challenge?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
MWAAHAHAHAHA
teaser test render of small section, here is the teapot but not shiny enough, gotta have blinggggg!
:p :D ;) :) :laugh: :inlove: :geek: :rolleyes: :x3: :roflmao:

Gonna set it up, where do I set it up? Need to find a challenge forum? god I'm thick....

upload_2016-3-4_18-51-53.png

edited to add, yes I am really thick, i ask abotu a forum and I am in it? :confused:

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks Margy :)

Pen I hope you will take part in this one, It didn't take much for me to work it out, just had to open my eyes! :sleep:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...just have to find time. I have a long weekend coming up next weekend...this weekend is a bit shorter as I had to work today at the school carnival.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
lol...just have to find time. I have a long weekend coming up next weekend...this weekend is a bit shorter as I had to work today at the school carnival.

Well its open to the end of the month so you have a few weekends before then, :)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I only got it a few months back, think October/November? I uysed the beta trials before then. Since doing that stamp I've started using it for effects on renders. I like the watercolour and oil paint type ones. A lot of effects you can do on there by saving a picture with a filter already on then reloading it and applying another filter on top.