• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Viewing Thread requires login

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hi,

For the last few days when I click on a thread I am given "error:- you must be logged in to do that". So now I need to log in to view a post (did not have to do that previously)

Is that a bug/problem with forum software, or have changes been made to force non-members to join to veiw posts?

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I just tried logging out and then viewing a thread and got the same thing, its not usually like that so something must have slipped up at least I hope it is just that.. Its still early and Sunday in the US. But I'm sure once someone realises they will look into it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Is that a bug/problem with forum software, or have changes been made to force non-members to join to veiw posts?
It's not a bug/problem, and I believe Lisa set it up that way for just that reason. Most active members are logged in, so shouldn't affect them much, it's just the lurkers who will receive that message.

Since you're a member here who has posted quite a few posts, I guess she's thinking you, and other members like you, would most likely already be logged in. I find I have to login the beginning of every month when one of my antiviral software packs does a full system scan, and deletes out cookies and such, but I'm so used to it, I'm usually ready to login to all the sites I visit regularly the next day.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It's not a bug/problem, and I believe Lisa set it up that way for just that reason. Most active members are logged in, so shouldn't affect them much, it's just the lurkers who will receive that message.

Since you're a member here who has posted quite a few posts, I guess she's thinking you, and other members like you, would most likely already be logged in. I find I have to login the beginning of every month when one of my antiviral software packs does a full system scan, and deletes out cookies and such, but I'm so used to it, I'm usually ready to login to all the sites I visit regularly the next day.

Its only been like this very recently.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
I do not allow cookies to remain across sessions (thay are deleted on browser shutdown), so I would need to login on each session(each visit) to view posts.

I will lurk elsewhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry to hear that Steve. I clear out my browser cache nightly, but cookies only get deleted once a month, as I mentioned above.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Images you've posted on the forum, or your gallery too? I don't know how that would be a bi-product of what Lisa changed as far as making it necessary to login here, but possibly because you can't "read" here if you're not logged in, then you can't "read" elsewhere if you're not logged in.

I'm not sure how that can be resolved.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just a bit of a trial and market research. There are some changes that will remain, however, the ability to see the forums without being logged in has been turned back on.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
can images be linked again from the gallery and forums?

what changes are there so we know what we can and can't accomplish :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, they should be fine. There are just a couple of places that people who are not logged in cannot go and a couple of things they cannot see. Nothing that affects linking from the forum.