• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Using Poser Poses in DAZ Studio - Fixing hands and feet

eclark1894

Visionary
Ah...I use categories so that I don't need to do that. But really it's quite simple to use the icons he's provided.

Have you managed to get them to work. I really would love your Dawn poses in DS format.
I'd be more than happy to let you have them in Poser format and you could save them in DS format for me.;)

But yeah, I'm trying to learn.:)

What I really need is a video that shows me what to do step by step and NO, I'm not asking anyone to make a video. Screenshots will do.:D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Happy to do that if you get stuck...as my setup uses categories...I think I might confuse you more than help though if I did screenshots.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay here's a screen shot of what I've got so far. I can find and load Dawn now with no problem. I can find and load Poses and clothing and props. And I can render. Can't fix them damn hands and feet yet though.:confused:

pose test.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I would suggest that maybe that trick doesn't work with scripts. Navigate to your DS folder and try applying them from there.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I moved the scripts into the DS library and that seems to have done the trick. Now, I read Seliah's thread on saving poses in DS, BUT that is one LONG list of things to do. In Poser, I just check four window buttons and I'm done. Unless I'm saving partial poses that is. Any way, new question. Is there a way to create a new folder to save the poses to inside DS?

pose test.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...glad you got the script working. I haven't looked at seliah's tutorial so I can't comment on that. Posting on the iPad at the moment so this is from memory.
Go to file/save as pose this should pop up a dialogue box which should allow you to name the file and also if needed set up any new folders. Mine looks just like windows explorer interface but I can't remember if you are on a Mac? If you are your interface might look different but I would assume still give you access to creating a new folder.

When you click okay this will open a new dialogue box which should list everything you have in your scene.

Untick everything except Dawn and click okay. If doing partials then only select the areas that are used in the pose.

Hope this makes sense...if not ask.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay...glad you got the script working. I haven't looked at seliah's tutorial so I can't comment on that. Posting on the iPad at the moment so this is from memory.
Go to file/save as pose this should pop up a dialogue box which should allow you to name the file and also if needed set up any new folders. Mine looks just like windows explorer interface but I can't remember if you are on a Mac? If you are your interface might look different but I would assume still give you access to creating a new folder.

When you click okay this will open a new dialogue box which should list everything you have in your scene.

Untick everything except Dawn and click okay. If doing partials then only select the areas that are used in the pose.

Hope this makes sense...if not ask.
It does, Pen. Seliah went into greater detail and applied mostly to Genesis which I never mess with. Oh, and Windows is not my native OS. Unfortunately, my Mac can't run DS.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I had a feeling that macs were your machine of choice. In Windows there is a little icon in the first dialogue box that will create a new folder in my win 7 it's like a little orange cog iirc.

Should be able to...DS opens pz3's...should just be a case of clicking or dragging the icon across.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Earl - I think I see why the script wasn't working...as I notice there are no images showing up in the Poser format section.

You need to have a copy of the .dsa and the .png in the folder with the fake .pz2 file. Then you'll see the little scroll that tells you that when you click the pz2 it will apply the .dsa file.

eclark1894

Visionary
Earl - I think I see why the script wasn't working...as I notice there are no images showing up in the Poser format section.

You need to have a copy of the .dsa and the .png in the folder with the fake .pz2 file. Then you'll see the little scroll that tells you that when you click the pz2 it will apply the .dsa file.
Okay, Alisa. I check on that the next time I open DS.

eclark1894

Visionary
Why are there two libraries in Studio and what's the difference between them if i can find the same content in both? If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I've got two content libraries that appear for Studio. One is called "My Library" and the other is "My DAZ3D Library". Which one is the proper Studio library to put content in?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Check in content directory configuration that it is different directories/libraries at all. And DS can handle any number of libraries just as Poser Runtimes.

eclark1894

Visionary
Check in content directory configuration that it is different directories/libraries at all. And DS can handle any number of libraries just as Poser Runtimes.
Here's what I'm talking about. They are in two different locations, but they both are Daz libraries. I don't get the point for having two libraries in different locations. Just seems confusing on the face of it.

screenshot.png

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
As far as I remember, somewhere on the road from 4.0 to 4.5 Daz renamed default library.
So you can try to switch off one of it, if you don't need it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Having two libraries there means that both are listed under the content manager.

I don't think I have two and this may be a new thing in ds4.9.

Im wondering what types of items are in the second one? I have a similar set up under Poser as I have my Poser Content Runtime listed as well as my standard runtime which contains the content that is included in poser.

eclark1894

Visionary
In the "My Library" folder I see four categories: Figures; People; Scenes; and Scripts.

In "My DAZ3D Library" folder, there are a LOT more headings including Camera Presets, and Light presets, Environments, Scene Builder, Props, Shader Presets, ReadMes, and in the People sub-folder, this is where you find Genesis that came with 4.8. I assuming this is the proper library.