• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, we've had a bit more rain than I like here as well, but you're a bit north of me, so I'm not surprised your weather has been cooler. We've had temps at night this past week that were in the 60s, but the days were warmer. We just haven't had anything this high before.

I can't be out on a sunny day during the summer months without my sun umbrella. One of the medicines I take regularly warns about lengthy direct, and indirect, exposure to the sun. During the summer months, it's just too strong for me to not have the umbrella with me if I'm going to be walking around running errands, or on Sundays, my trek to and from the gym.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We're almost to the end of May and looking out the window I'm wondering if we're going to get dripped on. I don't know whether it's extended winter or June-gloom come early.

Terre

Renowned
Thunderstorms and tornado weather.
In fact as far as we can tell a micro-burst formed over my mother's tent. I got a text from her asking if we could come out to Oasis because her tent had blown down. By the time we got there some RVers had helped her get the tent stabilized. It has come loose and she got drug along for several feet trying to keep it from blowing away. The rear is now where we set the front up on Thursday.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
not far off winter where I am ( just 5 days away )

starting to show as well.. yesterday was a miserly 26c ( 84F ) and it's going to get worse! :cautious:

4 days out from winter and the temps have dropped today to around 4c ( 38F )

that's a big change that happened quickly!

In fact as far as we can tell a micro-burst formed over my mother's tent. I got a text from her asking if we could come out to Oasis because her tent had blown down. By the time we got there some RVers had helped her get the tent stabilized. It has come loose and she got drug along for several feet trying to keep it from blowing away. The rear is now where we set the front up on Thursday.

wow.. go mum ... the adventurer!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Goodness Terre, I hope she wasn't hurt.

Terre

Renowned
She wasn't, no. Her jeans were tough enough for the ground she was drug over. She was surprised she didn't get muddy but it was kind of gravely on the surface.

Miss B

CV-BEE
She wasn't, no. Her jeans were tough enough for the ground she was drug over. She was surprised she didn't get muddy but it was kind of gravely on the surface.
She was very lucky, because gravel could've made some cuts in her legs.

Terre

Renowned
Yes. She was. The tent is now in a better position too. The rear stakes had been in earth that proved to be too soft.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Fire season will be horrendous once the new greenery dries out. All that will take is another dry season. But the rain is nice while we have it.

That's the issue exactly... Fire inspectors just came through our area and okayed all the brush clearance because usually April-May start to dry things out. I'm guessing they are going to have to come out again in July and recheck everything again. August-September are the hottest months, with September usually starting our infamous Santa Anas winds.. 3 days of gusts 40 to 100+ mph (60-161+ kmph)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, the weather here today has been strange. It was a bit cooler today than the past couple of days, but was still a little humid. They were predicting showers throughout the day, and it got dark the middle of the afternoon, but I didn't hear it raining, so there were rain clouds around, but they weren't dumping here in my neighborhood.

In fact, about 5:00pm or a little later, the sun came out for a while. Now that's not particularly strange, but a little while ago there was thunder and lightning for a while. I was too lazy to go check to see if it was raining, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What's really strange is, the weatherman on the network I'm currently watching has interrupted the programming twice this hour with reports of not 1, but 2, tornadoes coming our way. I can only remember one tornado years ago, and it wasn't that bad. It only shook the bus I was in on the way home, as we came off a bridge onto the highway. It only lasted a minute or so, and then was gone. With there being no real open spaces here in the City, other than over water, we don't really see much in the way of tornadoes, but the weatherman reported major bad weather west, north and far east of us, even reporting possible hail.

I can't wait to hear the full report during the news in about an hour. :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
I just watched the Boston 25 news and weather and he showed the radar of NY. There was a classic hook echo, usually depicting a possible if not definite tornado, and it was heading towards Statten Island. (Not sure of the spelling there). He said we'll see what the National Weather Service says about it in the morning, after they check the area. More than 900 tornadoes in the US so far this month! Yikes!

We did get a very heavy downpour at around 10:30 pm tonight.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
The weatherman on the news at 11:00 said he wasn't sure as yet whether it actually had touched ground in this area. I did see the hail folks were getting in areas west of here, and I can't remember seeing hail that size before. It was amazingly large and strong. I suspect there would've been major injuries if anyone had been hit with any of it. From what was reported, they got it real bad out in Suffolk County on Long Island, supposedly a lot worse than we had it here in the City.

Oh, and there's no double "t" in Staten. ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thanks for the spelling correction!

56 F here, today. And it's 4:39, so I doubt it will go any higher. Just on Sunday, it hit at least 88 F! That's a 30 degree drop in high!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Cloudy and coolish here today. At least you guys came through yesterdays weather OK. I'm in the far western part of Tornado Alley so they are expected here.

Terre

Renowned
Safe for now, no severe storms for the moment. The advantage to living in the lowest part of a town that is in a shallow valley on the Caprock is even during tornado weather any that form almost always skip over this area.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it wasn't too bad earlier, but the news last night was forecasting two rain patterns for us today. The first one is probably going to hit momentarily, as it's getting very dark out there. The second, and worse one, is coming around 8:00pm our time tonight, so I'm glad I went out earlier than usual to do my weekly grocery shopping.

Edited to Add: It's here, I can here some thunder going on out there. :(