• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tip Chit Chat....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hehe, and it was your request dress :)
I finished the next batch, just doing promos and have to send to testers. I put a wip of 4 out of the 5 in my gallery, not done a proper render of the latest one, but its a jumpsuit with a halter-neck, like this, but just the two dangley tie bits at the neck with no bow bit, plus no knot thing at the collar, not sure what that is?
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/558164947547262616/
Ohhhh, that is lovely Dawn. I'm sure you'll do it justice. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You sure can't go wrong. So, I went to see what shaders I was missing. And ... um ... I'm not.

Guess I won't be taking advantage of the 99¢ sale price!

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Hehe, and it was your request dress :)
I finished the next batch, just doing promos and have to send to testers. I put a wip of 4 out of the 5 in my gallery, not done a proper render of the latest one, but its a jumpsuit with a halter-neck, like this, but just the two dangley tie bits at the neck with no bow bit, plus no knot thing at the collar, not sure what that is?
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/558164947547262616/

Your jumpsuit is going to be so awesome. I will probably use it in my Star Trek Renders. I love the kind of retro look you have going on in this package, so cute! I actually check the store about every week looking for your next batch everytime. Dawn is gathering quite the awesome wardrobe.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ohhhh, I just took a look at those, and I like. I also like her Watercolor: Depth Cue Background Shaders, also for 99¢. You can't go wrong for that price, and now that I have a Poser version I can use them with, I'm going to get them. ;)
Yes...they are rather awesome I got about 6-7 different ones including hair, fabric, plants and the depth cue...@Satira, lol...I knew you had them I think you posted something when they first come out. They caught my eye at the time and now I have Poser and they were so cheap I picked them up.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes...they are rather awesome I got about 6-7 different ones including hair, fabric, plants and the depth cue...@Satira, lol...I knew you had them I think you posted something when they first come out. They caught my eye at the time and now I have Poser and they were so cheap I picked them up.
I'm looking at 2 of the bundles, Nature and Portrait, but want to play with the Starter Kit first to see if I like, and easily use, them. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Have you tried them out Pen? I was playing with the Starter shaders and a couple of Poser primitives, and I'm wondering if I should be using different lighting, as they look so bright.

OK, never mind, I just opened the Tricks & Tips PDF Mary included with the shaders, and she stated almost any direct lighting will work (as opposed to IDL), so off to play some more. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely dress Dawn...

Only a little bit using the hair one...please realise this render is me learning to do this stuff in Poser. I feel like a total noob.

It's V4 in the MFD as I couldn't find anything for Dawn to wear. I realised last weekend that I haven't downloaded the Poser versions of the jeans and tank even. I wasn't game to attempt the cloth room yet...not even a proper background. It's the Vanilla sky morph and texture. the hair has the watercolour shader applied. I really like them but need some time to experiment...
VANILLA SKY2 copy.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Me as well. I was just playing with the Poser Primitive bowl and the Starter Kit, and Mary has a good amount of tips/info in the included PDF.

I'm going to be playing with them some more today, so will be able to decide whether to get those other 2 bundles I was looking at.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can't wait for the holidays 7 more workdays and I get a nice long holiday and then I'll have time to play.
Well I played some more yesterday and had some success with one of the Starter Kit shaders, and even saved one in the folder Mary provided for our own shaders. ;)

These are both the same shader with the PaperColor adjusted. By default it's white, but for the first one I changed to a medium grey, and the second one I changed to black.

GlassBowl-1.jpg

GlassBowl-1B.jpg

The most fun was this morning when I realized I didn't have to take that primitive Poser bowl into Blender to subdivide it. This is the first time I've had a Poser version that does SubD. WOOOOOT!

Now I can't wait to play with her Glass shader, which is part of the Portrait Bundle. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Pen. It wasn't an option in my Poser 9, but is in newer versions, so I have it in PoserPro 11.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just wondering...in DS Figures like Dawn have different levels of sub division that you can choose to use. Is there something like that in Poser 10? And where would I find it?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I skipped Poser 10, but it's probably in the same place as it is in Poser 11 Standard or Pro.

If you load Dawn and select her, go to Figure > Skinning Method, and change the default Poser Traditional to Poser Unimesh.

Then go to the Properties tab (along side the Parameters tab) and scroll down. Near the bottom you will see 2 Subidivison Levels, one for Preview and one for Render. You just drag the sliders over to the right to select a subdividsion level.

So far I've only used 1 or 2 for Preview and 2 for Render, but that was for the Poser primitive bowl I was playing with while trying out Mary/Nightsong's shaders the other day (see my post above). I'm not sure what I would use on Dawn. Eight seems to be the highest amount, though I would think that's a bit too high for Dawn, and I think would slow down rendering time a lot.