• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tina T for Dawn & Tommy T for Dusk - Anime type figures

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "two eye options". There is one option where there is a Red eye and Blue eye to give that Marilyn Manson look. There are quite a few eye options, 24 eyes total but not that many will be released with Tina and Tommy. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think she means the softer more natural reflections, and the brighter more in your face reflections. The first is more hard-core anime, to me, the second is the more hybrid version. So, I was going to say the same thing, have some reflection options, maybe a "tree-line", the "bright almost teary", the "soft indoor", the "Bright Window", etc.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "two eye options". There is one option where there is a Red eye and Blue eye to give that Marilyn Manson look. There are quite a few eye options, 24 eyes total but not that many will be released with Tina and Tommy. :)
I meant the eye reflections, but I dig the Marilyn Manson style too!

I really like what you are doing!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, these are Toon-ish characters so the eyes are supposed to have more of an intense reflective quality to make them pop out a bit more. Plus, honestly, I finally found the sweet spot in iRay to get them looking like that. My old brain finally got something, sort of! LOL

Tina - GreenMask.jpg
Here is the revised Green Mask for Tina and the as you can see moving the lights around will give you different looks to the eyes....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow Richard, you even retextured the hair to match the mask. Nice. I have yet to try texturing hair. One of these days.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Actually it's just diffuse coloring. Nice thing April always does for her hair props is make sure there is a nice even set of hair surfaces so one is diffuse blue and the other diffuse gold. She usually does a basic gray tone and does diffuse shader options so it makes the pack very very light to download.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Revisited the SuperSuit for Dusk and refitted it to Tommy and Tina so they can share all the shaders and utilities I made for it... I'll have to pose them a bit more in it to see all the poke throughs I'll have to fix before considering making it part of a future release. Looks good here and most of the view-port rotations showed nothing horrible, BUT these "Convo" poses are not really going to be very telling....

Threw on the Classic Tunic Set on Tommy. Only issue with that was the belt so far. It goes all wonky when his hips are posed so this is just parented and rotated to look good. That will need a bunch of jcm's to get it working right as a conformer...

Tommy Classic Tunic Set.png

Toon Heroes...

Toon Heroes.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh and I kept Dawn's string bikini but turned off the bottoms and the strings. I think I may model a breast conformer for Dawns suit to fancy it up a bit more as I like this effect allot Kinda like a protective plate over them ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much. Still getting a handle on this but making progress. Ended up redoing the Boots for Dawn and still need to do proper fittings for Tina and Bruna but it's all coming together. I have just one cut on the books today and the rest of the week is mine to continue to try to get more done on these packs I'm working on. I'm a hairdresser for those that don't know.... ;-)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sorry I've been out of the loop for a little while this past week. Turns out my new rig and my current UPS (External Power Supply) were not compatible and I kept having spontaneous shut downs, entire system including the monitors (which was the sign it wasn't the new rig) so got the older UPS out of the equation and hooked it all up to a industrial power strip for the time being and got a new UPS on it's way from Amazon.com : APC Back-UPS 850VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector with USB Charging Ports (BE850M2) So hopefully that takes care of that issue and I can get back to work on getting Tommy and Tina finished up..... Fun Fun Fun ....

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Dang, that sucks, Ram! UPS's have minds of their own...my first required a background load to stop it tripping (a tungsten lightbulb was enough), my second wouldn't run at all on modified sinewave and I had to sell it. Still haven't got round to getting number three.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
APC's are good, I almost went with a CyberPower as it's the computer brand I buy but the APC one is set up just the way I like it to be so I went with that one. I have a discussion going on over at the DAZ forums as allot of computer gurus hang out there so getting important feedback about stuff. It's a good discussion right there in the Commons. This should be enough power for me and will allow me to load in the second video card as well that I have here.