• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tina T for Dawn & Tommy T for Dusk - Anime type figures

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
TinaT with WildHair. So happy I got that hair working with Dawn. It's always been a favorite of mine... One of my unreleased poses I updated last night too!

TinaWH-Relaxed.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice pose Richard. Not sure if I have WildHair. I'll have to check that out.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. I really love WildHair. I used to have WildHair Male too but I guess when I had that drive crash I lost allot of that....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Decided to make a hair prop today. Had fun doing this. Learned some more about the various brushes in ZBrush but you know I ended up going back to what I like working with (Move, Standard in both + & - mode) and the Smoothing brush along with some of the "Deformation" tools. This is actually a conformer so no worrying about the longer pieces in the back and sides digging in with various poses (so far so good). The UV mapping, low and behold, came out perfect so just applying one of my hair shaders (still working on those for public consumption) gave me a perfect effect. The flow of the textures flow perfectly around the ears, perfectly on the sideburns and all the rest. I about fainted when I saw how perfectly ZBrush UV'd this! Seriously!

So Tommy, Toon Skin, Toon Hair, Dusk briefs, One of my upcoming poses (which I just finished with getting them over to Poser and looking very nice and working perfectly).

Tommy-ToonNair-Pose.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Another..... My older Hair Strands do not work very well with this but my new ones that I'm working on to improve on the old work very very well! PS. No morphs, so far. There really isn't much to move around. I could create some morphs to perhaps shorten the sideburns, pop up the pompadour more, little things like that but the hair is a simple props.

Tommy-ToonNair.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, looking good sir. I like the pose in the first render, and here in this second one he looks like he could be Elvis' cousin. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I will probably add in some styling morphs but have to see how it goes before posting. It's literally a solid mesh so I can't have anything like a curlicue coming down or anything.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Been busy again today with all this stuff. Fun fun fun....

Been working away trying to create some 3DL Skin SHADERS which makes my life a little easier getting settings from one figure to another. So made one for the Cornea, Iris, Sclera, Lacrimal and Skin. Still need to do one for for the nails. In order for me to get these characters wrapped up I need them in iRay and 3DL in some form or another. Weirdly enough I can not get my head around how to make eyes shinny wet looking with reflective quality that I like. Since Tina and Tommy are Toons for the most part I needed something over the top and well SSS and Uber were failing me so went back to good old DS Default settings and got a good result. Not sure if it's OK to release a character with varying shader surfaces like that but unless I can have someone jump in and school me about how to make such surfaces using Uber or AoA's SSS I'll stick with what I know...

Here are 3 renders. One showing the eyes. One a bit further out (skin still looks a little flat, it's an Uber SSS based skin) and the BlueBlu HairStrands for Fashionista, also converted over to the 3DL shader system but it's highlights are slightly over the top so will need to adjust those a bit more. Once I have a shader base for that I'll save that out as a 3DL SSS Hair Shader base so my conversions will go faster. I have a total of 40 hair color options for Fashionista about half fantasy, half real world! :)

TinaT SSS Better.jpg

TinaT SSS Love the Eyes.jpg

TinaT SSS.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. One of the poses from one of my Dawn pose packs in the store here.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got the separate morphs done for TinaT... So there is now a TinaT Head morph, TinaT Body morph (at Dawn's body scale) and the Full Body Morph of TinaT that has her about a head shorter than Dawn.....

Here she is sporting three of my poses from my Training Poses for Dawn pack, in the Hive store...

Also sporting the Auburn options for the Fashionista Hair. Rendered in 3Delight, DAZ Studio

TinaT Head - Bodybuilder 50 - TinaT Body 50 01.jpg

TinaT Head - Bodybuilder 50 - TinaT Body 50 02.jpg

TinaT Head - Bodybuilder 50 - TinaT Body 50 03.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Forgot to mention... this is the TinaT head morph at 100%, 50% Bodybuilder and 50% TinaT Body shape

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Finally got Tina looking the way I want. I've "Tooned" her up a bit more. Bigger eyes, tinier waist line, smoothed out the neck a bit more and adjusted the teeth so when she smiles she doesn't look like a horse face! lol This is a 3Delight render. I was trying to use the Uber setup but my tester kept getting white outs so there is something very off about Uber on my system and I'm not sure how to fix it so these are just basic maps but making use of the Ambient channel (were I plugged in the Glossy maps, set the color to a medium gray and set it at about 35%) and the Reflection channel, where I plugged in her diffuse maps and set that about 35% too. Looks pretty close to what I got with the Uber so I'm happy with it.

Working on the internal maps too like the Bump and Displacement maps since using a Normal map under the base 3Delight engine gives me zero control over the strength of the map. So in order to get a good Displacement map I basically, here's a trick, took the Normals into Photoshop, desaturated them to gray scale and saved those out as new displacement maps which then I have control and get all the really nice strong details. What I've noticed though with these maps is that Shader Map Pro, which is where I make my internal maps, I don't know... there is TOO much detail in the hands so close ups of them have these strange bumpy messy looking details. So I'm going to replace allot of these with desaturated maps from the original textures so soften those up without loosing stuff like knuckle and other important hand details. Did this for her lips and nose and am very pleased with how they look when rendered out now....

TinaToon Head Morph for Dawn.jpg
TinaToon Morph for Dawn.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not sure if this is the right place for this, and sorry if you have a hair thread that I missed.

I know nothing about hair, but I have been wondering if you could transmap this hair style out of the fashionista hair. Sort of a chipped bob. It's already nearly there in the front.