• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You said it, Miss B! It's hard to believe that just two days ago me and the Munchkin were sitting on the beach scoffing prawns. Today just after 9 am it's 44 degrees and the clouds are heavy and grey and the heating's switched in for the first time in four days. At least I don't have to go far today. Nip to the shop at the end of the road, then a quick detour to the Seafood outlet for more prawns and fresh crab, followed by a lazy day reading and watching the football results! Sounds good to me!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My computer is home! Yay! And he actually retrieved everything for no extra cost, not just the files I'd asked for.

Now begins the long laborious process of reinstalling software and moving everything from his usb drive to my hard drive.
Excellent news! I remember when my old laptop stopped booting up properly I brought it in, and after they fully scanned it for viruses, I brought in my external hard drive, and they were able to move just about everything, except Windows, to it. Glad to hear you were able to get everything back. :)

Terre

Renowned
Ancestry.com results in: Pretty much what I expected from the genealogy my dad and his mother did: 81% Great Britain and North Western Europe, 14% Ireland and Scotland, 3% Norway, and 2% Sweden. Called my MIL and told her the results since she was the one who got kits for everyone.

McGyver

Energetic
Not sure I want to give some for profit business my DNA.

Dana
I wouldn’t do it... too many incidences of them leaking data.
The instances where law enforcement agencies were able to track down bad guys using shared DNA information (from relatives of the criminals) were good in that they took down some bad characters, but unfortunately just the beginning of a slippery slope that these days inevitably ends in zero respect for personal privacy and rights.
I wouldn’t trust anyone except for an actual medical facility with that sort of information at this point, and only if it were necessary.
While at the moment, these companies may on the surface claim to respect privacy and have good security, that’s never a guarantee that in a couple of years from now they may quietly change their policies, or have information stolen or “accidentally” shared with companies that will put this information out into the wild... The way things are going it won’t be long before people are denied medical coverage because of “preexisting” conditions they didn’t even know they have, but were “revealed” because a relative did one of these DNA tests.
Whether it’s deliberate sharing, accidental or outright theft, these companies will throw up their hands and say “Oopsies!” with zero responsibility, because guaranteed somewhere in their TOS are clauses absolving them of any accountability.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Aftermorning! A gloomy Wednesday in Opua, wind is up my chuff, tide is going out, end result: no computing till later today. I’ve been doing two to three hours each day, gennie roaring on the stern with the wind and tide in alignment. Suffering for one’s art is one thing, dying from carbon monoxide is quite another, so later it is!

I’m with Dana and McGyver on DNA testing, not something I’ll do unless necessary.

And yay for your computer, Satira! So glad you could get your data saved :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Lorraine you must have got our gloom from yesterday, it watery sun here today but not very warm. Still that is good in away as it means the computer can huff and puff through some renders without getting even close to warm