• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Adventurer for Dusk

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really want this outfit! :D

Are the laces on the boots just a texture? If they are the boots would work as long riding boots too (with a leather texture of course).

eclark1894

Visionary
Worked some more on the joints today, and it now passes all Dusk's "Everyday' poses. I am now testing with RAMWolf's poses, and tried a quick 12 seconds SuperFly render. Would probably look better if I gave it more time. I am testing the shirt, so the vest is not showing. I am REALLY clumsy with male posing.
Why yes... yes you are.:sneaky:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have added support for the major body shapes from Dusk:

* Aged
* Bodybuilder
* Chubby
* Petite
* Tall
* Bulk
* Emaciated
* Supermodel
* Young

Here's the most extreme - Bodybuilder, rendered in regular Firefly. Next part is to add support for the additional characters, I will start with CWRW's Taka.

BodyMorphs.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B Haha, I should has made his skin green. ;p

@CWRW Thanks, Laurie. I have also added morphs to the Jungle Weapons Pack to support Taka's shape. ^^

eclark1894

Visionary
I was going to offer Ken my Winchester 1894 weapon to pose with the Great White Hunter there. Kinda need someone to test it out anyway.:unsure: I get nervous about the stuff I make. That's why i still haven't released the tea set I finished.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A rifle might be good for the promo images! ^^ I can be nervous about stuff I made too, like the Anime head has been packaged over 2 years ago but I have never sold it. Now I have the new Chibi head, and I am undecided on how to market it too.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I was going to offer Ken my Winchester 1894 weapon to pose with the Great White Hunter there. Kinda need someone to test it out anyway.:unsure: I get nervous about the stuff I make. That's why i still haven't released the tea set I finished.

That's what testers are for :grouphug:so you can have others look at and help you evaluate your work. You should let Ken test out your rifle for you. As for the tea set, I'm sure Luna would love to try and break it.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's what testers are for :grouphug:so you can have others look at and help you evaluate your work. You should let Ken test out your rifle for you. As for the tea set, I'm sure Luna would love to try and break it.
Yeah, I know, and not trying to take over Ken's thread, but while I can package up the Poser tea set, I'm still confused about what goes where in a Studio Content file.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Gadget Girl Things are quite different in DS if you are coming from Poser. Enough to say that all geometry, morphs, and UVs go to the "data" folder, which in Poser would go into Geometries if you use binary morphs (PMDs). A major difference is that in Poser we have to manually create the runtime folder structure, hack files to fix paths for geometries and textures, and so on, while in DS all those things are automatically managed by the program by using metadata. This alone is a major workflow difference that we, Poser users, have to get used to. There will be no more manual folder creations or files placing/hacking. This thing works so well that I have been recommending SMS to adopt this method in Poser for quite a while now. Whenever we save something in DS, it will ask for metadata, which will automatically know where to place things into the folder structure. ^_____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finally added support for all 5 of Laurie's characters: Taka, Rodrigo, Joe, Jackson, and Running Horse to the outfit. They use some of Dusk's body morphs, so these character morphs were added on top on them. In the test render you can see Jackson (left) and Running Horse (right) with respective materials rendered in SuperFly. Have to run some morph adjustments (clean-up) for the character fits now to fix some distortions, but they fit well as they are. ^____^

DuskChars_1024.jpg