• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Adventurer for Dusk

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Beautiful work Ken and NA.

Ken and Traci, thanks for all the hints on getting things to work in Poser. I have that AutoGroup editor sitting in a tab so I can pick it up when I get some money.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia You're welcome! You can also use the regular Grouping Editor from the Setup Room. I use it all the time, and it does the job for me. :)

I have completed the 1st run on all 4 parts now, and the only had issues with the pants, which I already suspected by looking at the topology. I have finished the legs out JCM on the pants. The sitting pose has issues, which is common depending on how the pants were modeled. Those are quite tough to fix, and will need more time. But other poses seem to work fine. ^^

Test2.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
BTW Traci, Sanbie said you have been helping her with some of the weight maps thanks so much for doing that!! I also love some of the items you have made for Diva!! They are really adorable!

I don't mind helping anyone at all. I hated that I couldn't find answers to what I thought were simple questions when I started. Sooooooo frustrating!

Jade for @Glitterati3D ! Possibly a texture expansion set! I have seams all over the maps in the back and under the chin.
View attachment 9554

Ohhhhhhh, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
@Pendraia You're welcome! You can also use the regular Grouping Editor from the Setup Room. I use it all the time, and it does the job for me. :)

I have completed the 1st run on all 4 parts now, and the only had issues with the pants, which I already suspected by looking at the topology. I have finished the legs out JCM on the pants. The sitting pose has issues, which is common depending on how the pants were modeled. Those are quite tough to fix, and will need more time. But other poses seem to work fine. ^^

View attachment 9569

Looking good, Ken!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I like this outfit a lot. I'm glad you're working on getting it finished. And I'm learning some stuff to better rig and group my own stuff.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The best way to learn is definitely by doing it. I have personally found it easier to make pants for Dawn than it is for Dusk, even when Dawn has twice the number of JCMs. Or maybe that's what makes it more difficult. ;p

eclark1894

Visionary
Ok, I have added a couple of JCMs to fix the problematic pant posing issues, and it's looking good now. The sitting and split poses were being problematic, but no more!

View attachment 9688
Actually, the one thing that drives me nuts about figures, is that when they sit down they don't go flat back there. Kind of like the way people used to get upset when vendors were making shirts and blouses that moulded themselves to each separate boob.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B Thank you! :)

I really love the way this looks with the character sort of Robinson Crusoe or a hip surfer dude!

It's amazing how this outfit inspires all sorts of characters, from Indiana Jones, to Hans Solo and Robison Crusoe. :D

nicely done!

Thank you, Lisa!

Actually, the one thing that drives me nuts about figures, is that when they sit down they don't go flat back there. Kind of like the way people used to get upset when vendors were making shirts and blouses that moulded themselves to each separate boob.

That's a typical job for the Morphing Tool. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The Morphing Tool actually has a built-in "flattening" brush. This would be a perfect task for it. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Worked some more on the joints today, and it now passes all Dusk's "Everyday' poses. I am now testing with RAMWolf's poses, and tried a quick 12 seconds SuperFly render. Would probably look better if I gave it more time. I am testing the shirt, so the vest is not showing. I am REALLY clumsy with male posing.

Test_SF.jpg