• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sunfire's New Products

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had forgotten that step. It's a nice step to have, a shame that Poser doesn't have something like it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you added a collision via adding smoothing? You can then set what you want it to collide against.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No, I didn't know you could do that. Right now I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out why the mesh just below the waistband likes to poke out on the left side.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay I know what they are being caused by, but I don't know how to stop them.

bumpybumps.jpg

What is happening is the actual skirt is poking through the waistband, though they both have the same material zone, which I've set the dynamics to 0 on, so the skirt will stay in place.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
So this is a dynamic skirt and top.
Are you using a constrained group to keep the skirt in place or is there more of the skirt above what we can see that you have set to be opaque?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It is just the skirt, and this is DS I'm working with at this point. The Poser version of the skirt is already in the store. The waistband of the skirt is the top of the skirt. The light blue/turquoise is the waist band material, which I've set the dynamics to 0 on, to keep it in place. What you are seeing in the picture, is the skirt geometry poking up through the actual waistband geometry for some reason. It happens on the other side as well, on the mirrored pose, but not nearly as bad. I am actually wondering if the underlying skirt geometry on that side, might be closer to front edge of the waist band then the other side is.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
OK I get it, it’s a DS thing - I missed that part. I couldn’t figure out how to reproduce the error in Poser - makes sense now.
Sadly I remain clueless on DS so I’m no help. :confused:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Working on getting some of my older products Superfly friendly. Which is surprisingly easy.

Asian Dreams works fine in Superfly, in my opinion, even though the textures cause errors. Got to figure out what is trying to be done and figure out how to do it with SF.