• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

eclark1894

Visionary
Weirdness. Tried to render the stable in Firefly in P11 and for some reason it hangs about Halfway. I left for work this morning and when I got home, the render was only halfway done, and didn't move any further even up to an hour later. Tried it again a little while ago and the same thing. Think I'll try a PP2014 render.

eclark1894

Visionary
Finally finished this Firefly render.

POC.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, might be a bug. I know Poser 11 Pro rendered faster for me than Poser Pro 2014

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, even grainy you can see the improvement in the texture from Superfly to Firefly, so I think I'm on the right track there. Of course, I see improvement in the Firefly render as well.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks realistic which is what everyone wants these days in the way of environments it seems.

eclark1894

Visionary
Still re-working the texture sizes for the Stable. I still have to do the upper siding, but I think the lower half looks great. Except for that demarcation line where the upper half looks lighter than the lower half. Trying to figure that out. Also trying to figure out how to add an HDR light to The Construct.

exterior.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
May I suggest adding in a displacement map to get the most out your siding textures? Will bring out detail and deform the maps to cause the wood grooves to bump and out better!

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks like I'm going to have to re-map the barn exterior. I can't figure out why that line goes around the barn like that. But I am almost finished with the building.

newbarn.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Could it be tiling the texture (and the top/bottom of the texture doesn't match for tiling)?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure, it was just a suggestion as to what "may" be causing it :p If you scale the texture does the line move?

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I found the problem almost as soon as I started looking, and to be honest, I'm not sure how I missed it. It is in the mesh and it is glaring. Will fix it tonight.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well at least you know where the problem is. Half the frustration is finding out what's actually causing a problem.

eclark1894

Visionary
I fixed the problem last night, but promptly screwed up by not saving the work and trying to export the prop. Naturally, something went horribly wrong and I had to do it again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Ouch! Hope it doesn't take long for you to have it fixed up.
Actually, I fixed the problem even more quickly the second time and made sure to save it when i finished. Interestingly enough, the problem happened a second time, but since I had already saved the changes (this time (lesson learned)), I did a revert to last version saved. Just as well, I suppose. I was cheating in the first place by just trying to change the texture map sizes from 1024 to 4096 pixels. Since I was dealing with the mesh this time, I just went ahead and remapped in that size to begin with.