• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

eclark1894

Visionary
Heh. it's on sale until Tuesday and I almost bought the Western Tack for the Hivewire Horse today since it's on sale. Almost.... Then, I came to my senses and realized I still don't have Harry yet.:)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So looking at the FF render, it's possible it's an odd shadow/smoothing issue. I know that's a little vague and I could be totally off base, but I've had issues like that, although usually working on tiny things (a.k.a shoe for Luna). Although it's odd that it only effects the top half and not the bottom. Does moving the light in the scene change how it renders?

I know that doesn't seem to match the rest of the shadows in the scene, but I've had issue where Poser seems to make up shadow casting objects. Like I said I could be totally off base, but it' a quick and easy thing to try.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Heh. it's on sale until Tuesday and I almost bought the Western Tack for the Hivewire Horse today since it's on sale. Almost.... Then, I came to my senses and realized I still don't have Harry yet.:)
If I know I'll eventually be getting the main product, and I see the add-ons on sale I'll get them (tack looks good in renders lying on the ground, on a fence etc so you really don't need Harry straight away to use them). That way when you see Harry on sale you already have stuff for him :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, quick question... are those stalls too big? Dawn seems dwarfed by them.

Stables2.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Possibly, but a better judge would be Harry outside the stall, as he's taller than Dawn and Dusk.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
"That's not the proper door for the stall. BOTH those doors are for the tack room. I imported the extra to see if there was a difference in how they rendered. "

" Ahh..my bad :) Sorry for sounding so critical :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes the Mil Horse and Harry are about the same height, and yes, I'm liking this last render better. The 2% reduction did the trick. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like that last one too.
(you could maybe have the bars on the wall a little taller so they can't fight as easy over the top, but only if you want to)

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh don't have to pretend Earl, Animals ARE way better than Humans :)
Gonna disagree with you there Rae on two fronts.
1. Humans are animals too.
2. Animals... ALL animals... are motivated by their own self interests. You watch them long enough, and you'll see animals do soe aazing things in the name of kindness, courage, empathy, etc. All the the things that we think puts humans above the rest of the animal kingdom. You'll also see them do things that make them some of the biggest douches on the planet.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Gonna disagree with you there Rae on two fronts.
1. Humans are animals too.
2. Animals... ALL animals... are motivated by their own self interests. You watch them long enough, and you'll see animals do soe aazing things in the name of kindness, courage, empathy, etc. All the the things that we think puts humans above the rest of the animal kingdom. You'll also see them do things that make them some of the biggest douches on the planet.
:yeahthat: