• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

eclark1894

Visionary
Been a little busy on this. I had a lot of mesh problems that you could plainly see in the renders I did earlier. All those dark spots in the mesh were problems that I needed to fix. I added some bars between the stalls as I've heard that sometimes the horses will nip or bite the other horses in the stall next to them if you don't have those bars or have the walls high enough. Can someone confirm that for me?

Those floating buckets are flatback waterbuckets filled with actual mesh for water. They're actually supposed to be on the walls of the stalls that are not there yet. That's what the red bucket holders are for.

And I'm going to make three or four light fixtures for the center aisle. Now in Poser, i know i can make those actually emit light for a render. Can you also do that in DS?

screenshot.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You might have been using normal womans boots that they called riding boots as a reference (quite common) :D

Yes, if the walls are not solid, they normally have bars to stop the horses fighting but they can still "talk" through the bars. The other pic shows different door options (notice the door on the left of main pic is door 2, and the door on the right is door 1).
The door on the left is good for the horse to put their head out and look out the barn, but with the side panels they still can't reach the horse next door to fight. The one on the right could have door 3 and it would be similar, the horse still look out.
I think some stable have different options for the tops because with doors like 1, you could put a horse that bites (other horses or humans) behind it and everyone would be safe.
Door 4 would go with sides like this on:

Actually the website I got the pix from has nice stuff :D (this is the prestige range)
Internal Stables, American Barns, Stable & Equestrian Equipment from Cheval Liberte

eclark1894

Visionary
View from the back of the stall. I'm having trouble deciding where to place the feeder and what type of feeder to use. Any suggestions?

stall.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think about where you have it is ok (sometimes they do corner buckets too).

If you notice on the main photo I posted above, they have a tiny door in the front wall panel, that's where the buckets would be in that stall. The smaller pic has square cut out of the bars, that's where that one would be.

eclark1894

Visionary
This is really shaping up nicely Earl. :)
Thanks, Miss B. Looks like I came down with a cold after sitting in front of a fan all night at work. Not feeling all that good right now, plus I've been up all night. Time to go beddie-bye, then I'm getting to work on those lights. BTW, did anyone ever answer if DS can turn any mesh into light emitters like Poser can?

feeder2.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sorry, I didn't see that question. I'm not sure about all meshes (I'm not that experienced) but the ones I have changed worked.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks for the answer, Rae. Guess I'll just have to figure it out or go over to DAZ and ask there. You know, I just had a great idea. I think I'm going to try and tie the Dawn House and the Horse Stable together somehow. I think I know how I should do it, but think I'll just finish at least one of them up before i get sidetracked again.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
Thank you Rae.
Hey, just had another idea to make this set more versatile. Because of the way I made this stable, I can add a second roof, with a breeze way for a two stall stable.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sounds like a good idea :) People love options :D

And if you want to tie it in with the house, using the same/similar colours/materials would work.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Meshes can be converted to light emitters in 3Delight and Iray. I can't remember the process in 3Delight as I rarely used it but it was released around the time ShaderMixer first appeared.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes the lighting looks much better now. As for the textures. . . well, that's why it's a work in progress :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Have to agree with Gadget. The lighting is looking good, and the textures will fall into place as you progress.

I'm really liking the way this is turning out.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It was a big thing at the time but from memory it was quite complex to set it up. There was a link in my shadermixer thread that's why I remember it.