• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stable

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
These are looking great E! Wish I had one of those nice wooden saddle stands. I just have the boring old metal ones. These are MUCH nicer. Hay bales look better too. And LOL my tack room is most def a closet:) Wish I had one of those fancy big rooms! I do use the same kind of bridle and saddle racks like in that second pic Rae posted tho.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
The stables I volunteer at have just been flooded out :( Six feet of water through our tack room and feed shed...don't know if anything is salvage-able :( At last count, 3 of the herd are missing, presumably swept away :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's so sad Freyfaxi :( I hope the 3 are ok, just missing.

If the leather stuff is washed and dried and oiled well it may be salvaged (I've seen really old almost cracked leather come back to life with a little TLC). Feed will go moldy quickly tho. :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I just looked, and I'm still on 2.76. I know I downloaded 2.77a, but I guess I haven't updated it yet.

eclark1894

Visionary
Dusk is ready to go muck a stall. Got his wheelbarrow and muck fork. Got a muck cart to go with.

wheelbarrow.png

eclark1894

Visionary
So, I decided to see what kind of set I had created so far. The first thing I did was to import the Stables into Poser, and I have to admit, saying i was surprised was a bit of an understatement. I had to INCREASE the size of the barn coming from Blender by 883%! I've never had to increase ANYTHING from Blender. Usually I have to decrease down to at least 10%. Supposedly this was to scale too. I think I do know what the problem was though. I set the Blender scale WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! too small. I have to figure that thing out so I can get the measurements right. Anyway, I increased the barn size, put dawn in there grooming the only decent horse I have. The Millenium Horse LE. I would have loved to have scaled everything to Harry, but... can't afford Harry just yet. Uncle Sam, or Aunt Samantha if Hillary wins, won't take their grubby hands out of my pocket and off my wallet. I also realised that i don't have any decent clothes for Dawn. She's a real trooper though. Anyway, I'm using this render as sort of a benchmark to improve everything.
The 2nd render's not much better. By the way, I made the grooming brush in this render.

Grooming.png

groom2.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Earl.
(is it strange that I really like the X on the door? I know they have it in real life to help brace the door but I'm really digging it :D)

If its scaled for the Mil horse it will be ok for Harry, he's only a tiny bit smaller (I think when the Thoroughbred morph comes out it will be pretty much the same size as the MH, and don't forget the Draft is bigger too).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Scaling looks good Earl, and I'm surprised it came out of Blender so tiny. I find, if I don't specifically say to import to Poser in Poser scale, it'll not only come in huge, but lying down because the Y and Z axes are opposite between the two.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks, Rae and Miss B. I think I'm going to have to add some lights to the stable now it's just too dark in there for my personal tastes. Well... another all nighter at work after working this morning, and I'm already tired. Can't help but think I'm forgetting something i want to make. Oh well, it'll come to me... eventually.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep stables need lights (even it they are just in the aisle and tack/feed rooms). The ones I've been in usually have the long fluro's in the hall and maybe single bulbs in the stalls.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that looks like more natural lighting, as if it's coming in from outside. You can see more details now.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sorry you had a bad night, I hope you didn't loose too much.

Glad to see she found some riding gear instead of looking like she just got back from Tennis :D
(are they your boots? just asking because it looks like it has zips on the inside, unless things have changed the zips are usually hidden in the back if they have them at all. This is because zips on the inside would mark the leather or get hair stuck in them.)

eclark1894

Visionary
sorry you had a bad night, I hope you didn't loose too much.

Glad to see she found some riding gear instead of looking like she just got back from Tennis :D
(are they your boots? just asking because it looks like it has zips on the inside, unless things have changed the zips are usually hidden in the back if they have them at all. This is because zips on the inside would mark the leather or get hair stuck in them.)
Well, it's all my fault but fortunately, I had some back-ups for most of it.

As for the clothes, yeah, these are the Horse Rider clothes I sent you the objects for. I did rig them like I thought, but they were on my Mac, and I've been using my PC laptop for the past couple of months. Studio won't run on my Mac.

As for the boots, yeah, they're mine. As for the zips, well, thanks for the tip, but I was using a reference pic for them when I initially made them, so I don't know what to tell you.