• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
...and you asked, pages back, and I missed it...haha...you asked what percentage I used to import Pam's boats. After several attempts resulting in huge .obj on the preview screen, bursting out of the Construct dome...I settled on importing everything at 10%....and then tweak it as necessary. 10% works well for small parts, so that they don't get lost in the scene when imported. I'm not at my main workstation now, so I'd have to look it up...it may be something like 8% time all the tweaking is done...depends on the scene. But I learned that Maya models, and stuff from other high end software, tends to load large :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Yep, I was having an early breakfast, and uploading the rest of the Hein characters. The gang is almost all here...haha. I'm switching to the other computer so that I can get some emailing done. Catch up later :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
It took some hunting through the archive to find this, but here is the rough draft, early stage of the sheep that Nursoda was working on in August-September of 2009. Things were coming along fine until he hit the snag with the wool textures. Love the ear tag for an earring :)

Nursoda-sheep.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
...and I found the scene files to Shelton the Sheep, created using Puntik :) It rendered the same in Poser Pro 11.

Well, I'm off to have my Sunday siesta time...have a good day everyone :sleep:

SHELTON the SHEEP portrait.jpg

Oh, that's such a shame that he couldn't finish it...I love it! Love your illustration. I hope you can figure out how to share your Puntik sheep. He is so cute!

I'm off to visit my grandbaby...hope to check in later.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Dani...have fun! Another view of Puntik sheep...and yes, I'll be emailing you the scene files shortly. It's basically a "hair suit", which leaves his arms and legs free.

puntik-sheep2.jpg

Maja

Eager
Wow, now that's what I call desiny. Logged in here after a long period of time, and from the very first second fell in love with a sheep. :inlove:

Hi, girls and boys, recently I uploded some new free stuff for Pauline to my SharedCG Gallery.

skylab

Esteemed
Well Maja...if you have Puntik by Nursoda, then I'd be glad to send you the scene file...the very least I can do in return for all the wonderful clothing and props that you've made for Poser. I'm not sure how to distribute just the fur body suit, and trust that it would fit properly. Someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to do it. It's just a little hair suit that fits around the body of Puntik...his arms and legs are left free to pose without affecting the suit...at least I think in theory it will work....so let me see how small I can get one scene file. So yes, Maja, we'll get the Puntik sheep to you one way or another.

Of course, since Janet is becoming the hair modeling guru.....hmmmm....wonder if she could whip up a sheep suit (not a cheap suit...haha) for Puntik??? Janet, do you even have Puntik??

I just knew Nursoda and I needed to pursue those village animals...if this keeps up, I'm going to email him and try again :)

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, Linda, Dani and Janet...I emailed you the Puntik sheep scene files....didn't want to leave anybody out :) If any of you have any creative ideas about how to improve it, or fix it up for distribution, feel free to have at it. And Janet, I sent an email to you about the possibility of a Blender modeled "sheep suit"....if interested.

:bee::beehive::bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm in the process of emailing Nursoda at Rendo site mail to see if he has any interest in doing some village animals now, and I'm sending a link to this thread so he will be able to find us, like when we were on DAZ forum. So we'll see.