• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Always enjoy playing together....good night :)

folperts-tramopline-animation.gif

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thank you! Feel free to grab them as they are. I'll be working on making them a lot better. Every couple of months I try making hair. Figured I might as well put my attempts to good use and make them for Pitterbill.

The likeness is better than I would have thought possible for a toon character.
The sideburns need to adhere to the face, though. And be pointy shaped. Unless this is the Search for Spock hair, when he was found on the planet fully grown.
But I am so impressed with all these characters from the Doc and Hein! I didn't think those figures would be so versatile!

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
More Hein characters that I originally posted on the DAZ forum back around 2011-2012.

FIRST HEIN GUITARIST (...and many followed...haha)

FIRST HEIN GUITARIST.jpg

Good morning! Love Lord Farquaad! LOL

Janet, the hair looks great!

Sky, I've never used Paul before...I like his biblical wardrobe but no, I don't like dynamic clothes. When I'm doing large involved scenes I'm constantly moving, reposing my characters and dynamic clothes and constant changes do not work well together. My poor old computer really has to chug along to do animations and it takes forever. I only use them when I have a single subject in a simple background. I've had lots of problems with clothes sliding off, not pooling on the ground like they should so I try to avoid them. I start with high hopes in the Cloth Room but usually give up. It's all trial and error for me which brings me to Poser lights...I just want it out there that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with the lights. I don't understand them for the most part and it's only through stupid sheer luck and perseverance (rendering and re-rendering and re-rendering many more times) that I manage to get my images looking okay. I basically start with two light sets...one I developed that shines a good light on a single character and the other one is from Red Viper (freebie on sharecg) that I use for my outdoor scenes (there is a day and night light) or if I need to add a lamp light. If the lights still don't look good well, there is always Photoshop to pretty it up in. I've been playing with Blackhearted LaFemme's Lights' elements that add to the light sets and having a bit of success with mood setting.

Something that I realized when I was playing around with seachnasaigh's Construct materials...I didn't need any lights for the scene. No matter what light set I added I noticed that the rendered scene never changed or reflected what I was seeing in the Posing Room so I deleted all the lights and it rendered just fine. I did have to add a light to see the scene as I was building it...but where the lights were coming from in the rendered image, I have no idea! LOL

What I know about Poser could fit on the head of a pin...what I don't know about Poser would fill the Encyclopedia Britannica. You guys are way ahead of me in the creating, animating, morphing department. My goal has ever only been to have a relaxing hobby that I enjoy and to make pretty pictures. Simple goals for simple minds. *smile* But I am enjoying seeing the creative process you all go through and the detailed tutorials has me sitting at my computer trying to recreate. I've saved a face...never done that before. *smile*

I have Breaking Waves but I don't think it looks very realistic but I will try again to see what I can do. Flipmode has an Easy Environment called The Rock...makes a nice background image.

Anyway, I hope you all have a peaceful Sunday.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani, good morning. You caught me messing around :) I pick slow times on the forum to upload images.

First, let me say that your Roll the Stone Away 2 testifies to your ability, or your marvelous "luck" with rendering. If only I could tap into this kind of "luck"....haha. But it seems my thing is faces, and poses, and animating.

Thanks for the tips about the light sets that you use...I'll try to track them down since I'm always interested in learning.

I sent you a PM here on Hivewire yesterday afternoon :)

I also use dynamic cloth when there's only one figure involved, for the same reasons you mentioned. I've had some doozie boo-boos in the cloth room...haha. Don't you just love sitting there and watching the clothing slowly sliding off the character and down onto the ground plane like a deflated balloon :) GG and Miss B were so helpful with some of those problems, and showed me how to pin the shoulders of the garment down, and that helped enough for me to produce some fairly decent sims for a project I was working on at the time. But I can't imagine the horror show it would be, trying to do all 13 characters in the Last Supper scene with dynamic cloth. It would, of course, be beautiful....if it worked :)

As for breaking waves....most all the water planes out there aren't much without the help of decent shaders. So far Flink's Water 2 has been an exception, and his shaders are more than adequate for most any project.

I'll be posting a few more Hein characters, while it's quiet on the forum :)

:bee::beehive::bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Well...that's how she's been creating them...in other words, there's no one .obj for a scene file...but then you probably wouldn't want that. I had requested that as many parts as possible could be loose from the boat, for example, in case I ever wanted to animate it. I could send you a scene file of all the parts of the boat put together and parented, if that would help.

:bee:

scoutingforfairies.jpg

My boys were part of a great scout group for years and one year sitting by the fire with all the parents at our annual Family Campout we started talking about "my fairies" as they all called my 3D art. They wanted me to make them fairies...so I did using Gosha and Mavka. Anyway, while I'm enjoying yours I'll post my attempts at recreating faces and real people characters . Of course, you'll have no frame of reference to the actual people so you'll just think my efforts were good. *smile*

This is Mr. John, our scoutmaster.

My husband...committee chair, assistant scoutmaster. He's a cybersecurity expert for the government during the day and teaches graduate classes at a university at night. The little pixie on his shoulder is our son, Quinn.

fairlyacademic.jpg