• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Silo 2.3.1 (32/64bit, Win/OSX) on sale for $60! (usually $160)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Seach, I seem to be following you around from forum to forum today, and commenting on this Silo sale. ;)

For anyone here who's wanted to try it, you can get the 30-day trial at Nevercenter, but as Seach noted, the sale is only on until May 1st, so grab it, try it, and then buy it. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for sharing the info. For some reason I thought that Silo wasn't supported anymore, but I think I was confusing it with Hexagon. If life plays nice with me I may try and download the demo to play with it and see if it's something I want.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Honestly GG, I thought the same before I purchased it because they don't necessarily do new versions yearly, or even every other year, as other software companies do. I had tried out the 30-day trial back in 2014, but didn't want to spend $159 for it, and I hadn't seen a less expensive sale at Nevercenter than $109.

That said, Steam had it for about $69 at the time, but I don't do Steam or it's games, and at the time their version was one version behind what Nevercenter was offering, so I just waited. Then Netherworks had posted on the old RDNA forums that MacHeist had it for a lot less (I'd have to check to see exactly what it was), and it was offering a bundle of Mac apps with it, which I didn't need as I'm on a PC, but all I did was purchase the license from them, ignored the download of the Mac version of Silo, and went to Nevercenter and downloaded the latest PC version. The new license I had purchased worked perfectly on the 30-day trial version I had originally installed, and then I upgraded to the latest version I had just downloaded.

So, they may not update it as regularly as other software, but there have been updates, and now we have the 64-bit version, which is always a plus. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Is that how much it was? I couldn't remember, but that was probably during the same offer when I got mine, and I'm glad I got it. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's how much I paid...it was a good deal.
Yes, I just checked back to July 2014 when I purchased it, and it was $19.99. I didn't think it was that inexpensive, but I knew it was lower than the $69 Steam wanted for it. :)

Willowisp

Adventurous
I got it on Steam way back when. Yea, it's still supported, but the 2.3.1 update is two years old already, so it doesn't happen often :cool: