• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Been doing Apa covers again. I could have posted this in Ken's thread, but figured that I put more work onto the cat, than I did on the birds. The lettering is part of the render, so I couldn't hide it. It won't run until next year, but I don't think anyone from the Spa (all 18-20 of them), hang out on 3D forums.

If you want a list of components: The base concept is is Sveva/LilFlame's 'Key to a Storybook' set, over on DAZ. The kids are all AngelWings morphs for G8; Amanda for the Sixus 1 Baby, Tiffany, and Marcus -- although I used Zachariah's texture. The clothing is a mixed bag. The boy wasn't much problem, but finding clothing for a little girl which doesn't have built in folds hanging from the breasts is tricky. I'm grateful to DAZ for their new babies, since it finally gave use at least some basic baby clothes. Also used the DAZ-included haze prop.

Included are: Hivewire House cat with the calico texture and Sayanes's LAMH preset. Base pose from the Puddy Tat set, I think, some tweaking. Ken's flock formations 1 (finches in flight), and SBRM 2; Common Raven.

Light by Flipmode: the Easy Environments Clouds set (I used the Poser lights). There's one of Flink's nighttime skydomes in the back behind the clouds and mist prop that comes with the Key to the storybook set. DxFire's real metals and Marieah & Fisty's Gemological shaders were used, along with Calida's Day Job shader pack -- which I use for almost everything. (That's another online store which we seem to have lost.)

Drop cap was done in post.

Stairway.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done JOdel. I especially like the 3D text. I played with that years ago, but never found a reason to keep doing 3D text. It works great in this render.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The text is from SickleFuse. I should have listed it, and forgot to go hunting whose it was.

I was amused at the way the '300' rather appears to be floating in space. In fact, it's embedded in the book. It's about twice that thickness. (although I could probably have scaled it in the z-axis to change that)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I wouldn't have thought it was embedded, because it does look like it's floating in the air.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes! That really surprised me. The picture on the page doesn't really appear to have that much depth when you look at the texture, but from that angle it does rather seem to be receding into the distance.

The set came out some years ago, but I always intended to do a cover with it. Guess I finally received one of those fabled 'round tuits'

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! I'm very pleased with it. (The 300th mailing is rather a landmark for the Apa, so I'm glad it came out at least a bit "special").

Miss B

CV-BEE
Don't laugh Dreamer, I saw something there, but didn't realize it was a kitten until you said you hadn't seen it. ;)

I also like the flowers and vase. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just tried that, and yes, definitely easier to see in the full size render. The little cutie is playing hide and seek. ;)