• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is a Dusk Character I'm in process of finishing.
It is a full body morph of my late son David.
The texture is by me using references and adjusting to get as near his complexion as possible.
The background is from a photo I took of the park across the street from us where he liked to go.

Daily Run:
DailyRun-01.jpg

Gisela

Eager
Yes. There are cycles shaders for the car, the background, the hat, and Dusk's skin. The Tux uses a Firefly shader for both Firefly and Superfly. There are no lights in the scene. The lighting is provided by the Cycles background shader.
It looks good. The hat looks like if were firefly shaders.

Me195

Extraordinary
It looks good. The hat looks like if were firefly shaders.
Thank you. It's a cycles black velvet shader. It looks like that because there is no bump map for the hat. I was going to make a bump map for it and add it to the shader. I did a test render to see how it looked without the bump map, and I liked it. It reminded me of a firefly render so I kept it. I still really like the look of firefly and I often miss it.

Gisela

Eager
Thank you. It's a cycles black velvet shader. It looks like that because there is no bump map for the hat. I was going to make a bump map for it and add it to the shader. I did a test render to see how it looked without the bump map, and I liked it. It reminded me of a firefly render so I kept it. I still really like the look of firefly and I often miss it.
To be honest I like how a render looks in firefly. I like the shaders better. Tho I have poser 11.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Shared this one on the Poser forum, but wanted to post it here too. Faery_Light's Alaric 2. I just love the fine wrinkles and age spots FL added to this character!

Oh, and yeah, he's a cop on vacation who won't be tucking that gun in his waitband, doing backflips on the dance floor and trying to shoot the other customers! :)
View attachment 39763
It won't be long before I start Superfly and Iray support for him, both packs. :)
Just trying to finish a few other projects first.