Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by HiveWire3D, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WOW, that's some wine glass! ;)

2. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Thanks, Hornet3d! I've first tried this with Superfly, but the noise would never clear, so I've switched to Octane, and boom - rendered in 8 minutes. :)

Thanks! It's a morphable glass I made for a Halloween pic last year. It can morph into a variety of glass shapes. For some reason, I like to put Dawn inside. ^^

3. Miss B

Oh I can see that for sure. I've just not seen a morphed glass before. Years ago I modeled a bunch of glasses in different shapes, but never thought of making one that can be morphed. I guess because I always considered them props, and back then I didn't know enough about creating morphs, except for characters. Hmmm, I may have to try this out one day. ;)

4. Ken1171

The thing about glasses is that they are typically modeled with a lathe modifier. At least in 3DSMAX, the modifiers can be stacked in a non-destructive manner. This is great for creating multiple shape variants of the same object while the dynamic modifiers are still active in the stack. All I have to do is to export each shape as a morph target, which can be later loaded in Poser over the base object. That's how this morphing glass came to be. ^__^

5. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

amazing one!

6. Ken1171

Thank you! Must be the glass. :)

mininessie likes this.
  7. Ken1171

Fanart of Youko Littner from the Lagann Gurren TV series. Done with Dawn + Body Type-2 + custom tweaks + Willow, rendered in Poser with Superfly.

YoukoLittnerV_1200.jpg

Me195, Ghostman, Hornet3d and 2 others like this.
  8. Ken1171

Made with Dawn + Body Type-8 + Narrow Shoulders + Perfect Pelvis + Universal Anime Head. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

ExtremeCatgirlness_1200.jpg

Miss B, Hornet3d, mininessie and 2 others like this.
  9. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

10. Ken1171

Thanks! ^__^

mininessie likes this.
  11. Ken1171

Made with Dawn + Body Type-8 + Narrow Shoulders + Universal Anime Head. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

LovelyCatgirlness_1200.jpg

12. Miss B

Love the expression on her face.

13. Ken1171

Thanks, Miss B! ^___^

14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

15. Ken1171

This is an old head morph I made for Dawn many years ago that I wanted to play with again, here combined with "Body Type-2". So this is 100% my original body and head shapes. I am happy how it came out. ^____^

Daniela_1200.jpg

Miss B, Me195, LisaB and 2 others like this.
  16. Ken1171

Made with Dawn + Body Type-2 + MiniMorphs Hero + Narrow Shoulders + Perfect Pelvis. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

PumpItGirl_1200.jpg

17. Michele

Michele Admirable

I got around to playing with dials today and ended up with a mature woman character and a tween/young teen. Liked how they turned out so thought I'd post them over here too:

[​IMG]
    Iray render for this one. I don't do iray much because my machine is old and renders take forever, which means I'm not so great at lighting and this one has a lot of graininess. But I still liked it. :)

[​IMG]
    3DL and a bit of postwork, obviously.

18. Miss B

Both look great Michele. :)

19. Ken1171

Ash is so cute I wanted to dress her up in fantasy style. Made with Dawn + Body Type-2 + Narrow Shoulders + Perfect Pelvis + Universal Anime Head + Drakko Outfit. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

GothicAsh_1200.jpg

Flint_Hawk, RobZhena, Me195 and 2 others like this.
  20. RobZhena

RobZhena Adventurous

Does she bite?

Ken1171 likes this.