• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

StevieC

Inspired
First time on this Forum.....Having worked with horses for nearly 2 decades, I vividly remember the exhilarating feeling I got from galloping along a shore bareback, allowing this Powerful and Regal creature to go full throttle. I could feel the energy throughout it's entire body.....I tried the Daz Horse 2 at first, wanted to try out the Dark Knight textures, but the front section of the horse became horribly distorted when I applied a pose. Ended up switching to HiveWire Horse, applied the texture settings of the Dark Knight textures, then swapped out CWRW textures in the Diffuse only maps, and was thrilled with the results! I call this one Free Spirits......and yes, the rider is wearing a loin cloth.....

Attachments

• Free Spirits 2B.jpg
    Free Spirits 2B.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 306

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Excellent image! Welcome to the Hive! You can also set up an album for your work and then use the "camera" icon to append it to the various forums as you need. That way you don't use up your allotment!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
First time on this Forum.....Having worked with horses for nearly 2 decades, I vividly remember the exhilarating feeling I got from galloping along a shore bareback, allowing this Powerful and Regal creature to go full throttle. I could feel the energy throughout it's entire body.....I tried the Daz Horse 2 at first, wanted to try out the Dark Knight textures, but the front section of the horse became horribly distorted when I applied a pose. Ended up switching to HiveWire Horse, applied the texture settings of the Dark Knight textures, then swapped out CWRW textures in the Diffuse only maps, and was thrilled with the results! I call this one Free Spirits......and yes, the rider is wearing a loin cloth.....

Welcome to the Hive StevieC! This is an incredible image you have here.

I really like how you have done the water and so wild and free. Yeah, the Dark Knight Textures for DH2 does have a lot of really nice veins for some of the other types of breeds such as Akhel Teke. It rather reminds me of that classic image from Frank Frazetta with the axe. Gorgeous work you have created!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW!! That's an incredible render StevieC, and let me also welcome you to the HiveWire forums. You certainly have made a grand entrance!! :D

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Very nice image. I recall, I think, there was a thread or part of a thread here at the Hive where someone brought up the desire of having vascular maps for Harry and/or MilHorse 1. Did that ever get done?

StevieC

Inspired
Test render.....converted the Metallic, Specular, and Normal Daz Horse 2 Dark Knight textures to HiveWire Horse maps, applied using same settings as Dark Knight, used CWRW Diffuse maps, and this is the result.....

Attachments

• HiveWire Horse Dark Knight test_Final2.jpg
    HiveWire Horse Dark Knight test_Final2.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 215

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very nice renders you've been doing for Sympatico Rae. I especially like the Kent Village render. What set is that?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Nice job! But I would be curious to see one of your renders with the Harry supplied Iray MATs- no these are not the best renders -done almost 3 years ago when I was starting to learn Iray- but default Sun-Sky Iray renders.

Mustang_grulla_Iray.jpg

TBpopUp2.jpg
BaseHarryBayIray.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Very nice renders you've been doing for Sympatico Rae. I especially like the Kent Village render. What set is that?

I'm pretty sure it's one of Blue Tree Studio's sets. Over on Rendo. Their modeling and texturing looks a lot like it's really designed for game engines, but they have some really neat stuff. I've picked up quite a few of them since they first showed up above the horizon. I tend to slap shaders over everything, and sometimes make adjustments to the matt zones. But I've used bits and pieces of their stuff in a lot of my renders over the past few years.

Quite a lot of their props aren't rigged though (doors and drawers, I mean). But they look good plopped into a room for set dressing.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you, got them done before the computer died (might have helped kill it? lol). JOdel is correct, it is "Kent Village by BlueTreeStudio" available at Rendo, its a very large village and comes with 14 camera's to help you get around and 3 light settings (morning/midday/evening). They have a DS and Psr version, this render was a Superfly one.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I saw you did it with SuperFly. I've seen their sets before, but never really looked into them thoroughly, so going to have to check that one out.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic renders guys!! I have been neglecting this thread focusing on the deer renders.

Well, just a little play with mix and match LOL I happen to have a fondness for Appies!
Mix and Match
Mix and Match SML.jpg

Products Used:
HiveWire 3D Horse, I don't know how many coat textures I used here just that there are a BUNCH! Quarter Horse , Blanket Appy, Leopard Appy, ...... Red Dunskin Maybe..RDNA fall foliage, Lisa's Botanicals Dead bushes.