• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sale Notifications

Darryl

Adventurous
Hi folks, I receive the HW Newsletter and Forum updates in my email. I don't get any notifications for my wishlist items when they go on sale though. Did I miss some checkbox that needed to be checked? I wouldn't mind being notified so I can spend my money.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, moved this to the Questions forum.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the ability to do that at this time.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm sure it's something on the list :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do know that if you check your wishlist regularly, it does show which items are on sale (I think the price is in red and it shows the before and sale prices)

3dOutlaw

Sorry for the necro post, but I was wondering if this can get added? I just asked Ken if some of his stuff ever goes on sale, and he mentioned that Hivewire handles the sales, and that the items I mentioned have been on sale in the past year. ugh... At least one item has been in my wishlist/cart all year.

I live by Sales Notifications (here Daz, Rendo, and other sites) When they hit, I visit, and typically buy. I visit each every so often to check out the new items, and add to wishlist.

In Hivewire3D's case, my purchasing is nonexistent, since I don't get those notifications, I figure it just never goes on sale. (tbh I assumed you had this feature...)

Anyway, just another request for this feature! Thanks! (Google: magento wishlist notification) ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if I'm the only person who archives sale notifications before they even hit my inbox?

I'd get so many from Renderosity, my inbox became unmanageable. I do the same thing with Amazon Kindle sale emails. I guess I'd not be as frustrated with them if it was a single email for each sale, but it's daily emails. I mean ... do I really need to know every day during a three week sale that a wishlist item is on sale?

I also create filters to block repetitive emails from from a certain HR employee at work. It's annoying when someone thinks they need to remind you every day of an event that is scheduled several weeks from now. Even worse, she stuffs her emails with multiple (and horrendous) colors and fonts. She really needs a remedial class on design.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What I like about Renderosity is, even if you unsubscribe to their emails, once you place something in your cart, it lists all items in your Wishlist that are on sale just above the items you've placed in the cart for purchase. It's a nice reminder if you want to place them in the cart while you're at it.

3dOutlaw

I wonder if I'm the only person who archives sale notifications before they even hit my inbox?

I'd get so many from Renderosity, my inbox became unmanageable. I do the same thing with Amazon Kindle sale emails. I guess I'd not be as frustrated with them if it was a single email for each sale, but it's daily emails. I mean ... do I really need to know every day during a three week sale that a wishlist item is on sale?

I also create filters to block repetitive emails from from a certain HR employee at work. It's annoying when someone thinks they need to remind you every day of an event that is scheduled several weeks from now. Even worse, she stuffs her emails with multiple (and horrendous) colors and fonts. She really needs a remedial class on design.

At Rendo, you can go to your wishlist, at the top press the button, "Turn Off Notifications"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
At Rendo, you can go to your wishlist, at the top press the button, "Turn Off Notifications"
That probably would turn it off in the cart as well. There I don't mind it as much as the email notifications.

Hornet3d

Wise
It is a nice feature and I have purchased items from my wish list over at CO in the past who used to email you just before the sale started. Hivewire3D is not so much of an issue as I am here on an almost daily basis so I check my wish list. Knowing when the sale ends is also useful so I can plan my spending to make sure I do not miss a deal.

I don't shop at Rendo but have found no matter what boxes it tick or untick, while it did reduce them I still get some emails, the solution I have found is to 'blacklist' them in mail program. I did it some time ago and all the emails have stopped.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I don't have that many wishlist items at Rendo, so it's not a problem for me. Also, I actually remember asking for notifications, so I'm not so pissed when they come. That said, I started archiving my gallery alerts ages ago when they became a whole separate task from reading email. And now I don't really go to Rendo's gallery, so I just miss stuff.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We hear you! We want them, too. All I can say for now is that it's on the list. As we are able to add features, we will certainly add them.

thanks for the feedback and suggestions. They assist us to know what is important to you and why.

3dOutlaw

Feel free to quiet me down, by adding the Universal Anime Head to the Holiday Sale! :whistling: I've been waiting for ages for that to go on sale, but I am afraid I missed it on sale at some point, which is why I asked about the feature.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
New products will be added to the sale on Tuesday's and Friday's. Keep watching and you may get your wish. :)