• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rowan54's Products on Hivewire3D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This could be Rowan54, except she needs to be in her morning robe. Certainly looks like her background and all the critters.

Deeridea.jpg

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
This could be Rowan54, except she needs to be in her morning robe. Certainly looks like her background and all the critters.
I'm slightly older (couph, couph) as well. But otherwise looks pretty much like.
Lovely picture!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
My latest package is now live in the store!
Rivers Backgrounds - A Rowan54 Creation at HiveWire 3D

These photos have been taken a few at a time of three different rivers, and over a number of years. Several cameras were involved as well.
Several were taken next to the Mountain Loop highway in the Cascade mountains. Those would be Stillaguamish River and Sauk River. (These photos are near some of the locations I used for the Campsites set of photos.)
Others were taken at various locations near the Snoqualmie River in the Snoqualmie Valley, including right next to Fall City. (There are glints of color between the trees on the left side of some of the Fall City photos that are the buildings on main street.)
Several were actually taken on the Mill Pond in Snoqualmie, which is one of those "oxbow lakes" in a spot where the river USED to be.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I looked through them Rowan, and they're a really nice set. I especially liked the photos with the mountains across the river. Very nice indeed.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I especially liked the photos with the mountains across the river. Very nice indeed.

That's Mount Si, across the Mill Pond in Snoqualmie. (The Mill Pond USED to be part of the river.) It's a favorite scenic view. Usually the weather isn't quite that perfect for a photo, though.
That's the pond for what used to be the lumber mill there -- the same mill that was in the opening credits of "Twin Peaks" before the mill burned down one night. Used to be that'd be full of logs, instead of a wide clear area of water like it is now. Still metal and bits of stuff sunken along the edges.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Got my set! :)

love how you always have ground/water that's ideal for placing poser figures!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Got my set! :)

love how you always have ground/water that's ideal for placing poser figures!

Thanks!

I have a story I've been doing for years (not posted anywhere right now), which uses Bryce renders, photo backgrounds, whatever backgrounds with the figures pasted in in Photoshop. After working on that for a while, I got a really good idea what worked and what didn't for inserting figures. At least as far as what was needed for a clear area for them to stand.

As a result, I try to take the photos so that there is a clear area for putting a figure in in the front, at least. And if possible, a space for putting someone in the middle distance or the background. Sometimes, those aren't possible with natural scenery, not without a lot of work. But I do always only use the photos that would actually work for inserting rendered figures SOMEWHERE in the picture. That plus trying to get the photos as clear as I can, to work as a set, and have as little in the way of man-made items as possible, is why creating these sets takes so much time.

(Yes, I'm working on more of them. Sorting through collected photos, seeing what would work...several almost-sets in progress.)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Hi guys! I'm a day late with posting stuff due to household emergency (large tree branch dropped through the flume in our very rural outdoor water system) and nearly having a personal medical emergency (my boots were NOT as waterproof as I thought and both the water and air were subfreezing--nearly had frostbitten toes). However, I've thawed my toes (took about 6 hours) and they're fine. Water system is going to wait until we can round up some husky dudes younger than me to pound nails in things because several things broke. Until then, we'll be packing water in buckets.

Now that I've invoked the spirit of adventure. (Ha ha!) Here's a set of pictures that show an adventurous place to be.
Mount Rainier Backgrounds - A Rowan54 Creation at HiveWire 3D
There are FOUR in the set that do NOT have a spot in the front for someone to stand. Those have AIR space for something floating or flying. One is a wide valley (dragon?), and the other three are wildflower meadows (butterflies? flower fairies?).
How come all the flowers are in bloom at once? In the high mountains, the very deep (many feet) snow pack goes off for only a couple of months. The flowers have to come up and bloom in that short time. This was in August, which is usually the peak of the blooms. I tried to get photos of the paintbrush flowers, too, but none of those photos worked for backgrounds.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yikes - glad you're ok. Our snow and cold isn't normal, for sure!

Lovely images. Every time I see Mt Rainier I'm taken aback at its beauty.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Our snow and cold isn't normal, for sure!
Actually, we usually get one to two weeks of subfreeezing (with or without snow, with or without a major power outtage, etc.) and usually in January or February. Annoying, but it balances the one to two weeks of Way Too Hot we get in July or August.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm really liking your new Mt. Rainier Backgrounds set Rowan. Very nice indeed! :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, you're in a different area - we are warmer in winter and cooler in summer than you are.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
For those who were wondering, we FINALLY got a hold of someone on Saturday and the water got turned back on. This was after several days of long treks with bottles packing water up from the creek. In the snow, in subfreezing cold. Quite the relief to have water again, I tell you! I've been working on getting dishes and laundry caught up since.
It's been snowing daily for awhile. Yesterday had a blizzard for nearly the whole day. This morning I have a couple inches of snow on a windowsill that never gets damp/snowy unless the precipitation is moving *sideways*. The ground is *too* smooth, which means its deep out there. Maybe a foot. I don't think I've ever seen foot deep snow here before. We always considered 6 inches here to be really really deep as the usual deep fall is more like 3 inches.
I'll update again later.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you have water!

Crazy up here as well. Some's melted on and off, but since Friday we've gotten a total of close to a foot and a half of snow! About a foot still outside. Had a few huge storms since we've lived in Washington, but not since we moved where we are now about 14 years ago. Supposed to transition to rain...