• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rowan54's Products on Hivewire3D

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
As an additional, and not really about the photo backgrounds ... one of the "yard ornaments" stood still long enough this morning for me to get a decent photo. Yes, as a matter of fact I do live in "Rowan's Forest"!
lawn_ornament.JPG

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
It was probably eating rose bushes. They like the rose bushes. In the spring, they eat the fresh shoots off of the day lilies. The rest of the year, they eat the rose bushes. Fortunately, I have the hardy, long-lived, thorny kind that tries to take over the yard and the deer merely keep them pruned.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sweet!

I love having the deer come around!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B!

The deer was insisting on standing there and continuing to eat. I walked out of my house, paused to take a picture. Walked to the driveway. Took a picture. Walked down the driveway. Stopped twice more for pictures. This was the closest. Maybe 30 feet. She was nervy, but didn't shift.

On the way back home, she decided she'd had enough. Too bad I didn't have it set to "vid" because she let out with a magnificent leap on her way across the road into the woods. All I got were blurred stills for that.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Alisa, I like having them come around, too. It's fun to watch them out there. Even if they are eating my roses.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The best bit is when they bring tiny new wobbly spotted fawns through the yard and hustle them through quickly where, and when, they think I can't see them. I usually don't manage to get photos of those. I do have pictures of older babies. Actually, the deer in the picture was probably one of the fawns that was brought here at one point.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I LOVE the babies...and they bounce around when they chase each other in play...sooooooooo cute!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately, I usually don't get to see them playing. The deer come to my yard to eat, or to walk through to the creek, or to walk through to another part of the woods. And the mother deer are very protective and keep hustling them to walk faster. It's only after they're yearlings that I see them for extended periods of time out in the yard.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Yes, as a matter of fact there was a LOT of 'shopping in that upper photo/render combo. Basically, I cut what I wanted for the foreground out of one copy of the picture and put it over the item I wanted for the middle of the picture -- the castle. And the castle is in there at least twice, just to give it more "bulk".

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice set of photos Rowan. I especially like that last one with the mountain range in the background. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A very nice touch Rowan. I like Sepia photos, so using it on a scene you want as a background, makes sense if you want a certain "mood".