• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Robotech/Macross Fan Art

theschell

Brilliant
Hey all, any Robotech/Macross anime fans here? I thought I'd start this thread to share some of my own fan art, and if anyone else wants to join in then be my guest! :)

Prepping the Birds.jpg

Defense Line Saturn.jpg

Recon.jpg

James R.

Busy Bee
Nice, Chris! :) I remember the Macross Saga from when I was a kid. I had just started getting really interested in it and then our family moved to a new town where they didn't show it on TV.

Starblazers was one of my favourites before that, though. I used to love the space battles. The live action version from a few years ago was pretty good too.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice, Chris! :) I remember the Macross Saga from when I was a kid. I had just started getting really interested in it and then our family moved to a new town where they didn't show it on TV.

Starblazers was one of my favourites before that, though. I used to love the space battles. The live action version from a few years ago was pretty good too.

That was from my era too! The Lisa Hayes/Rick Hunter/Miriya/ Minmae/ Max Sterling SDF -1 and the Zentraedi attacking Earth. I also was a fan of Starblazers and the Space Battleship Yamato which really paved the way for arc-based plot-driven anime series as they had to all be shown in order.

Those are some pretty sweet renders btw! My all time favorite was Voltron! LOL...... I even find myself wanting to watch the remake episodes and of course G-Force.

theschell

Brilliant

I missed out on Starblazers when it was on it had just gone off air here just before Robotech started airing... But I loved Voltron, and the very short-lived Saber Rider and the Star Sherrifs, There was also Thunderbirds 2086 which was an anime as well... but it didn't last long either. Robotech was my true introduction to anime... love the stuff! I have the entirety of Robotech on VHS, and all of the original Macross and it's sequels/prequels on DVD...

theschell

Brilliant
That was from my era too! The Lisa Hayes/Rick Hunter/Miriya/ Minmae/ Max Sterling SDF -1 and the Zentraedi attacking Earth. I also was a fan of Starblazers and the Space Battleship Yamato which really paved the way for arc-based plot-driven anime series as they had to all be shown in order.

Those are some pretty sweet renders btw! My all time favorite was Voltron! LOL...... I even find myself wanting to watch the remake episodes and of course G-Force.

Thanks... the VF in these is my own creation as an alternate early version prior to the VF-1... It's actually being used as reference in a new official Robotech comic series that just came out... :)

theschell

Brilliant
Macross celebrates its 35th anniversary next year and a new series will be coming out to continue the Saga... :)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
You should talk with DapperMan. He's been making Macross based art for years. An example at deviantART. His work does include nudity, just to warn anyone who goes to look at his gallery. That said, I think dA only shows nudity to those who have logged in, said they're of age, and have their settings such that they allow nudity.

theschell

Brilliant
I'm quite familiar with his works... Both at Deviant Art and that he's posted to Rendo over the years... he does some nice stuff :)