• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Request for Mesopotamian Outfits, Props, and City

Archon3D

Inspired

Hello, Hivewire3d's community. I’m not sure if this is the place for product requests, but this seemed like the best place to put this thread. In October, I created an account with Hivewire3D for one primary reason: to purchase the Hanging Gardens of Nimrud from Ken Gilliland. Ever since I started using Daz Studio in 2015, I’ve looked for Mesopotamian-themed sets, props, and outfits to help me create biblical renders. Yet those of us who would like to make biblical renders are sort of out of luck because most of the ancient Near Eastern products Daz artists have created are based on ancient Egypt. The other Middle Eastern-themed products are based on Arabia and Persia. I would like to illustrate a biblical novel I want to write that will take place in a Mesopotamian-like setting similar to that of Hollywood screenwriter Brian Godawa's Noah Primeval novel. But the only outfit I've found that's closest to anything Mesopotamian is Salome by Val3dArt at Renderosity. The main Mesopotamian-themed sets I’ve found are the Hanging Gardens of Nimrud and DM’s Ancient Places. Meshbox also has biblical and Mesopotamian-themed sets. The Hanging Gardens of Nimrud is the largest of all of them, but it’s not meant for Iray. When I render it in Iray, its okay but the colors are dull and too bright, and the wall art is somewhat blurry.

I would like to suggest outfits for a Mesopotamian king, queen, male commoner, female commoner, and any other outfits, like the ones in the images here in my product suggestion page at Daz3D. Those beautiful images are a few examples of Mesopotamian outfits I would love to see. I don’t own Dawn or Dusk; I use Genesis characters from Daz3d, particularly Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female. I would like these outfits to conform to the figure of any generation 3 character, no matter what pose you put them in. And, like many products Daz offers, such as the Egyptian Outfit for Genesis 3 Female, I would like them to have changeable textures. In addition to these outfits, I would also like to suggest a Mesopotamian chariot (complete with an umbrella and poses for G3M and G3F), Mesopotamian statues, and a Mesopotamian warrior outfit, again, like the ones in my product suggestion thread at Daz3D.

Regarding the Mesopotamian city, like in the images and videos you see here on another one of my product suggestion pages at Daz3D, it could contain a temple complex (including a ziggurat), houses, civic buildings, gates, walls, streets, desert plants, and anything else 3D artists would want to include. Also, it would be great if these buildings had interiors, and different camera angles and poses for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female could be included throughout the set. This would be a large product, perhaps it could come in several separate sets, but I would absolutely love to own it. Among other characters, I think characters like Priya for G3F, Rani for G3F, Ronan for G3M, and perhaps Makani for Kimo 7 would be perfect for this.

All of the products I’m suggesting would be great if they were created with Iray materials.

The website kadingirra.com presents a detailed 3D reconstruction of Babylon. Yet, at least on my laptop, this website is experiencing some technical problems, and it’s hard to click on anything. But the images and videos in my thread at Daz3D are great examples of what I’m suggesting.

Unfortunately, the Daz artist V3Digitimes has told me Mesopotamian-based products are not popular, but I would like to continue making my request anyway. What do you think of these product requests?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved your thread to this forum. Welcome to HiveWire :).

To use Ken's Hanging Garden in Iray, you're going to have to do some work on the materials - it's a product that was created far before Iray was out, so obviously isn't designed for Iray.

I heartily recommend you take a look at our figures - you might find characters that fit with what you do - or you can request them in the wishlists for Dawn and Dusk. Take a look, too, through our forums, particularly the Show Me The Honey and It's About the Art ones.

While we do sell some things for the Genesis figures here, I think you'd have much better luck finding people at HiveWire interested in creating things for OUR figures than for other figures :).

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'll be eventually updating most of my sets for the newer renderers (iRay/Superfly), but with a 100+ products, it's a lot of work... and yes, Hanging Gardens is on my to-do list. Where they end up on the list depends on demand and what else I'm working on... for instance, my current frog project makes "Water Lily Garden" and "Duck Pond" priorities as well as my Racing Tack and Track sets since the HW Thoroughbred are finally coming to market. I'll try to move up my update plans for Hanging Gardens for this summer. My promo video of the Hanging Garden set is mostly from the Vue version (with some Poser). The Vue version takes advantage of Vue's Eco-system plants which really add to the finished look.

Last edited:

Archon3D

Inspired

To use Ken's Hanging Garden in Iray, you're going to have to do some work on the materials - it's a product that was created far before Iray was out, so obviously isn't designed for Iray.

I heartily recommend you take a look at our figures - you might find characters that fit with what you do - or you can request them in the wishlists for Dawn and Dusk. Take a look, too, through our forums, particularly the Show Me The Honey and It's About the Art ones.

While we do sell some things for the Genesis figures here, I think you'd have much better luck finding people at HiveWire interested in creating things for OUR figures than for other figures :).

Alisa,
Thank you for your comments. And thank you for moving my thread to this forum.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

Yeah, as a clothing creator, my work is with/for the Hivewire figures.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're welcome, Archon!

Good for everyone to know, Ken :)

Yep, I bet you'd have fun creating some of the type of clothing that Archon is looking for, for Dawn & Dusk, Traci !

Archon3D

Inspired
I'll be eventually updating most of my sets for the newer renderers (iRay/Superfly), but with a 100+ products, it's a lot of work... and yes, Hanging Gardens is on my to-do list. Where they end up on the list depends on demand and what else I'm working on... for instance, my current frog project makes "Water Lily Garden" and "Duck Pond" priorities as well as my Racing Tack and Track sets since the HW Thoroughbred are finally coming to market. I'll try to move up my update plans for Hanging Gardens for this summer. My promo video of the Hanging Garden set is mostly from the Vue version (with some Poser). The Vue version takes advantage of Vue's Eco-system plants which really add to the finished look.

Mr. Gilliland,

Thank you for this information. I liked your promo. The Ben-Hur music is perfect for your product. Updating the Hanging Gardens of Nimrud for Iray is something I actually thought about when I was working with it. But I didn't know anyone was actually considering it, since it's such an old product. I look forward to purchasing it whenever you update it.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hi Archon. I wanted to let you know there is some Biblical stuff out there, I'm just not sure there is a lot for the Genesis 3 figures. I have a simple (and free) Poser - Biblical Robe for Dusk and Axel which is dynamic, but if you have one of the dynamic plugins for DS it might work. Along those lines @Maja has made some really nice stuff for Paul and Pauline that are dynamic, so again you might be able to get them work in DS if you've done much with dynamics there.

Also you might want to check out @skylab's stuff on ShareCG. Skylab mostly does Poses for biblical scenes, and again is a Poser user. But here's the thing. She also tells you in the link for the poses where she got the clothing and stuff, so if you are willing to use M4 and V4 you might be able to find stuff that way.

Archon3D

Inspired
Welcome to the Hive Archon 3D...did you have any luck kitbashing the celtic armor for the Assyrians?
You beat me to it! I was going to suggest @skylab on ShareCG, too. Wonderful stuff there!
M4 and V4 stuff is often easy to convert to Genesis figures also...good ideas GG!
Welcome to the Hive Archon 3D...did you have any luck kitbashing the celtic armor for the Assyrians?

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your suggestions and comments. I'll post a much longer reply tonight when I have more time.

Archon3D

Inspired
I’m thrilled to see that Hivewire3D artists are showing interest in my post. As I mentioned above, I reached out to Daz3D. My posts there have received several comments and many views. I’ve made my request known to Renderosity as well. Regarding Pendraia, Gadget Girl, and Dakorillon’s suggestion that I go to sharecg.com to download skylab’s bible-based content, I’ve found that a lot of the free content I’ve downloaded from sharecg and Renderosity is low in quality and sometimes doesn’t even work. I’ve already looked at skylab’s products, and while skylab’s products are okay, I wasn’t too impressed with what I saw. Obviously, if it’s free it won’t be as detailed as the products you need to pay for. But I’ve searched high and low on Sharecg, Daz3D, Renderosity, and here at Hivewire3D, and it’s just a tad bit frustrating to have to kitbash much of the content I want and see the content I want created in such low quality. After seeing just how stunning 3D can be today in 2017, I know better products can be made.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sometimes it's not low quality, just a render that could be done better, and with shaders now, lots of older renders can be amazingly improved.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...can understand the desire for higher quality products as Dakorillon says though sometimes the promos can be misleading. So you'll need to look at what you can kit bash or adapt to suit you. It may require do textures and pinching bits from a variety of products though. Let me think on it and maybe check out what I have in my runtime.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Here are a few examples. I may have uploaded too many, and they're not in any particular order. But hopefully these images will give everyone a quick picture of what I'm suggesting. :

Parts of Hellenic could be used here...with parts of the peasant outfit for Genesis 3
Change the opacity of the sleeves to zero. Proper shaders or textures...would also be needed.

If I was doing it I'd also create a morph to shorten the himation...
kitbash one.jpg